Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 envoy with nearly 200k miles. I've kept it in good shape making necessary repairs along the way.

A couple weeks ago, I turned on my climate controls fan switch (A/C was on) and the engine really started to idle really rough. I have the manual system, not digital. I thought it might be related to the A/C system, but it's starting to do this when just the fan is on and the A/C is off.

A couple years ago I replaced the resister. Note, over the last 6 months blower motor does make an odd/loud sound when I turn it up the higher speeds.

I am wondering if the motor is going out and pulling a draw on the electrical system somehow??

Has anyone experienced this, or have any ideas to test this out before I start replacing parts?

Thanks, Danny

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
58 Posts
i had something like that throw a full tank of gas sea foam cleaner ($12) new air filter and clean the throttle body that fixed it for me.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned The Throttle Body - It Worked!

Cleaned the throttle body, replaced air cleaner (was dirty), and added some fuel cleaner and everything works great...back to normal.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts