Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
kinda new this was gonna happen when they didn't re-release the firebird with the camaro debut

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I got that vibe too (haha, Vibe) when the Firebird wasnt announced for production with the Camaro. Its a bummer, I really like the G6 (great midsize, good power, decent mileage) and the G8, well the GT is cool but the GXP :drool:drool.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
I won't believe it till I see it. It seems to me, that they'd dump Hummer, Saturn or Saab before Pontiac. Pontiac has been around forever, and these co's are relativly new. Unless all of them outsell Pontiac?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
what the hell is happening???:hissy:first i read that chrysler is filing bankruptcy now this!?!?..next it will be chevy then ford.....THEN WHAT?!...i refuse to buy foreign!,,i'll buy used american cars firs!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
421 Posts
The first time I read this I almost cried. I have owned a 86 Firebird, 76 Catalina, and 97 Sunfire. I will miss my dear ol Pontiacs.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it would've been cool if they came out with a modern version of the '69 Trans Am! :yes:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:iagree: and look at the mustang and it looks like a 67-68 clone! chevy is making a mistake here but it's not nothing new! Got a lot of burnt and still smoking engineers!:hopeless

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Not surprised. If you think about it, all GM needs (in the US and Canada) is Chev and Cadillac. Between the 2 there is a complete range of vehicles.
The only question in my mind is what should they do with the trucks; keep them under Chev, or move all to GMC? They certainly don't need trucks selling under both brand names.
Chev trucks have always outsold GMC, so why keep GMC?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will miss Pontiac, i had a Sunfire GT back in the day, it looked amazing, was very reliable and was excellent on gas.

Although they weren't my favorite brand they do have a long history and it sux when things like this happens. Sign of the times i guess.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This doesn't look good for American made cars. I guess we'll all have a part of history here soon.

R.I.P. to our loving and dying V-8's. :ugh: Thanks Obama...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
Our other car is an 07 G6GT coupe. That car is amazing!! Fully loaded and fast as hell! We have 22 months left on our lease and were planning on upgrading to the G8...guess we will have to look at something else.:(

Before the G6, we leased a Grand Am GT 4 door. My wife really likes the Pontiac.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not surprised. If you think about it, all GM needs (in the US and Canada) is Chev and Cadillac. Between the 2 there is a complete range of vehicles.
The only question in my mind is what should they do with the trucks; keep them under Chev, or move all to GMC? They certainly don't need trucks selling under both brand names.
Chev trucks have always outsold GMC, so why keep GMC?
There's a bit of a hole between Chevrolet and Cadillac. Currently it looks like they'll retain Buick for that spot, but they could instead offer premium Chevrolets. Or at least try to.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
This doesn't look good for American made cars. I guess we'll all have a part of history here soon.

R.I.P. to our loving and dying V-8's. :ugh: Thanks Obama...
Hey, he promised a change. All I can say is I did not vote for him.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's a bit of a hole between Chevrolet and Cadillac. Currently it looks like they'll retain Buick for that spot, but they could instead offer premium Chevrolets. Or at least try to.
That's where Buick resides. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
i am also with the other that dont believe it ill they see it...

look at all the G8's out there now.. i swear im seeing like 2 or 3 a day now and the pontiac dealership down the street from me has a new one ever week on the showroom floor.. plus pontiac is bringing back the Firehawk...
250 will be made.. its the supercharged G8.. saw it on the power block the other day...

so ill have to see it to believe that they will fall

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I'm not really suprised. Most other GM divisions have something else holding them up such as overseas sales (Chevy is a big one for that). They should have just made Pontiac the US version of Holden and import their cars. I had a 2000 Grand Prix GTP and loved it. It had plenty of room. Then they remodeled the GP in 2004 screwing up the rear seat room. At 5'8" I barely fit inside the G6GT I looked at when I bought my Impala. I have a taller body area and shorter legs. My 14 year old could not fit in the back however without bending her neck. G8 is nice but it arrived too late with dismal MPG ratings when price of gas was up around $4 a gallon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GMC, Saturn and Hummer go next, and buicks in the states. They are already talking about someone buying hummer but GM still building them. Saturns are useless though. Buy any of those brands now and you risk a big drop in resale value if they go under. A G8 is not worth the same now as it was a few days ago. It will become more expensive to fix those cars out of warranty also.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts