Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
It shouldn't, however if you live in California, you may need to provide a CARB certification number or they can fail you for having unapproved equipment. Many intakes do have CARB numbers, just make sure the one you buy is so approved and you're good to go in all 50 states.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I actually got the K&N series 57 and installed it today. I have the tag with that number on it, and while I was reading about it, I actually thought it might make me fail... so that is good to know.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Ever since I was 10yo and can remember my dad taking me to have the car tested for emissions, I have thought this is just one more stupid way for the government to steal money from its citizens! I mean most of the Pickups, SUV's, and Cars arent the problem on the roads. It is the big trucks and busses and the public transportation that really pollute the air, but they dont test those! Ok, I am done with my rant. Thanks :p

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Ever since I was 10yo and can remember my dad taking me to have the car tested for emissions, I have thought this is just one more stupid way for the government to steal money from its citizens! I mean most of the Pickups, SUV's, and Cars arent the problem on the roads. It is the big trucks and busses and the public transportation that really pollute the air, but they dont test those! Ok, I am done with my rant. Thanks :p
Not so in Kalifornia. As someone who had many years experience in the trucking industry, I can tell you they ARE tested.
California is also one of a handful of states that will not allow passenger vehicles to be sold (new) with a diesel engine unless it can pass the same emissions test as a gasoline engine.

IDK, I've seen an awful lot of cars, SUVs and pickups around here blowing smoke all over the place. Granted maybe not as much as they use to.
Many of our buses for public transportation use compressed natural gas (CNG)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Not so in Kalifornia. As someone who had many years experience in the trucking industry, I can tell you they ARE tested.
California is also one of a handful of states that will not allow passenger vehicles to be sold (new) with a diesel engine unless it can pass the same emissions test as a gasoline engine.

IDK, I've seen an awful lot of cars, SUVs and pickups around here blowing smoke all over the place. Granted maybe not as much as they use to.
Many of our buses for public transportation use compressed natural gas (CNG)
Now that I am ok with. But it is the complete opposite here. Which is one reason I am glad that when the city and county merged 5 years ago, 1 year after the new mayor told the EPA to "F" off, unless they were going to change who was tested, and get out. :woohoo: I mean it was never cheap here. Right before it left, it cost $165 to get a vehicle tested. I would be more comfortable with getting street mugged! :excited:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
They charged you for emissions testing in Ky? :cry:I have not heard of that before.:confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Now that I am ok with. But it is the complete opposite here. Which is one reason I am glad that when the city and county merged 5 years ago, 1 year after the new mayor told the EPA to "F" off, unless they were going to change who was tested, and get out. :woohoo: I mean it was never cheap here. Right before it left, it cost $165 to get a vehicle tested. I would be more comfortable with getting street mugged! :excited:
You are saying that they charged $165.00 to test a vehicle for emissions? Sounds a little high. By the way a 18 wheeler hauling 50 tons or so getting 8 MPG is not doing that bad!!!!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Will installing a K&N Cold Air Intake make my TB fail when get emissions tested?

You gotta love Emission Testing.....
We have no way of telling because you didn't fill out your User info. But in most states it would not fail. :eek:fftopic: In Wisconsin there is no separate fee for an emissions test.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:thumbsup:WOW! Here in Nashville we pay a whopping $9.00 for our emissions and believe it or not thats down $1.00 from the outfit that used to do it called MARTA, I don't know what the new outfits name is, everybody still calls it MARTA!:woohoo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts