Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone...
i had a 03 trailblazer ltz; last week while driving low speed ( 30 hm-50 km ) ,the rear tires had locked,and sliding,but the engine didn't stop and steering wheel didn't lock.I restarted the engine but the transmission at D , it didn't work. When the transmission changed at R ,and after that at D i can drive it. Nowadays i'm hearing noise from left rear tires like turning shaft.Before that i jumped from the ramp while fast,because of that ,the sound began.After that,this issues have began.Yesterday while i'm driving at low speed it happenned again. When i pass the 30 kmh the sound are too loudly come from rear tires.I Checked that but nobody can find the issue. I check the hand brake parts,because i didn't work.but yesterday it made it again. Please help !!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
55 Posts
sounds to me like the rear differential went out on you. I had the same problem. bring it to a shop. because it is probably rubbing on the brakes and its a matter of time before it breaks ad you lose the whole rear end while driving

·
Registered
chevy
5 Posts
HEADS UP MAN, i'm not tellin ya this is whats wrong with it, but i had that happen in my Silverado last year. Something about the axel came out of position and locked up the back tires so i couldn't move, but what i didnt know was as i kept trying to get it to move me, it was still spinning and SHREDDED my transmission. yeah that was good times. A buddy of mine chained it up on a trailer we had to winch it on, drove a 100 miles to the dealer i got it from and realized we didnt know how to get it off the trailer haha. so here's the genius funny part. We took the same chain and hooked it to the back of the truck and a light pole int he back lot of the dealer. then we just drove away, you could walk on that chain is was so tight. gettin it off was there problem
don't force it man, trust me

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
38 Posts
Did you check the casing on the differential for damage or leaking oil/gunk of any kind?

Jack up the rear end and see if the tires spin independently from each other, that would be another sign of something going like stripped gears, etc. It's no doubt something in the rear end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts