Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was taking the rear emblem off then realized you can take out only the gold part which i did i burned it a little (heat gun got a little too close) now no matter how many times i sand it the burn mark still shows through after i paint it the black. I tried putting vinyl on and it looks amazing from far but up close it looks horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions of either some kind or metal or something to make a emblem out of stick it where the gold used to be and paint it or get rid of the burn mark.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
just totally take it off!!! the debadged look is very sleek and clean... just my :m2:, but tofix the problem i dont know what to tell you.. others will chime in im sure.. but never the less.. good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine practically fell off I think it was the heat when I was down in Florida for two week in July. It was scorching hot and sunny most of the time. Anyways I was looking at it one day while filling up picked at it with my finger nail and it feel right off :laugh: It looked like the paint underneath bubbled up. Now wondering what I should do. Thinking of painting it but what color. My truck is a light gray. Maybe a Silver or chrome any ideas????

·
Registered
916 Posts
My emblem looked pretty bad and I wanted to keep the original look, so I just bought a new emblem form the dealer. The emblem is applied using a superstrong adhesive tape. I slipped a knife blade under the emblem and pried it off. (No, I didn't scratch the paint, thought it wouldn't have mattered since I was putting a new emblem in the same location. It took a little effort to scrape off the old adhesive, but the whole operation only took 15 minutes. I did it at the car wash while the interior was being cleaned. The new emblem was about $25.00.

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
172 Posts
I got the Grafxwerks liquidome vinyl insert

Check out pictures in my gallery. It looks good from a distance and up close IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
emblem

sand it with 800 grit,alcohol it then get some plastic spray,you can get it online or even at a perfomance shop. they use it to smoke marker light,work mint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts