Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 TBSs with 190K miles. All stock and well maintained.

About 7 years ago I took it to the Chevy dealer due to strange electric issues. The radio would buzz intermittently, the rear wiper would come on, and finally, the anti-lock brakes kicked on while driving without touching the brake pedal. Obviously, the last issue was dangerous. The Chevy dealership kept my truck for a week and gave me a loaner and then no-charged me. I have no idea what they did.

Now, seven years later, I had the dealership replace the fuse block because it would not fire. All good, except the electric ghosts, have come back. Hit a bump and the local radio station will not come in and I hear the alternator whine. Hit another bump and it goes away. I took it to the dealer and they have purged the old record due to time. And, the tech that worked on the truck has retired. I recorded the radio buzz and static on my phone and they started going down the road of "blown speakers". BS!

Any ideas? I am guessing there is some ground that was added and the tech did not know about it? So frustrating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have the control panel in the rear of the console for the backseat passengers, that is known to cause alternator noise, probably a ground. Next time it happens, reach back and smack that panel a few times. Good luck-intermittents are a bear to trace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts