Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my air bag the heads up display says service air bag and i have also lost all my electrical to my drivers door except the mirror control. (so windows locks seat heaters.) also my doors will lock except the driver door. and when you enter the vehicle with it locked( cause the driver door wont lock) and start it the alarm goes off. this all happened in one day at roughly the same time.

is there any wiring harness that connects these some how?

any ideas?:duh:

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
117 Posts
Check for service bulletins on Alldata.

Here is one item that may be your problem. If not, there is also a Service Bulletin regarding wire chafing under the dash, near the knee bolster. This was actually a recall (the chafing). It may not have been done on your car. The service bulletin here is NOT a recall. :D

Subscribe to AlldataDiy and you can get the complete TSB with the repair instructions.

Electrical - Intermittent Multiple Malfunctions

File In Section: 08 - Body and Accessories
Bulletin No.: 02-08-64-017
Date: August, 2002
TECHNICAL
Subject:
No Start, Service Engine Soon Lamp On, ABS Warning Light On, Air Bag Light On, DTCs Set, Various Door Electrical Functions Inoperative (Replace Driver and/or Passenger Door Harness and/or Repair Body Harness Connector)

Models:
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT, TrailBlazer Export
2002 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada
Built Prior to April, 2002

Condition
Some customers may comment that the vehicle will not start and/or any of the following door electrical functions may be inoperative:
^Power Door Locks
^Outside Mirrors
^Memory Seat
^Power Windows
^Heated Front Seats
^Door Audio Speaker
^Liftgate

Some may comment that these conditions occur intermittently. Diagnosis of these conditions may also find that various Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) may be set.
Cause
Moisture intrusion through the passenger side and driver side front door-to-body harness inline connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts