Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had this noise ever since i bought the truck. just wondering what it could be.

to the left of the steering wheel over by the knob where you turn your head lights on and off, right above there when the car is on i hear this gargle noise, it will sometimes get louder just randomly and get quieter at times, but it is always making noise.

and when i go to turn the car off, you can hear the noise go "Pshhhhhhhhhhhh" and goes away.

you can also hear it change pitch when i put my high beams on. so im thinking maybe something with the electrical system? i have no idea I'm just guessing

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
When you open the driver's door, there's an access panel to get behind the dash that's normally hidden by the door. Take that off and listen closely when you turn the car off. I don't know any vacuum hoses that penetrate the firewall there, so also open the hood and see if you can localize the noisemaker.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
Kinda sounds like coffee percolating right? Like in an auto drip? Mine does it too. Well, did it... It went away after installing a K&N intake. I know your frustration though.... Sometimes it just bugs the hell outta you :x

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kinda sounds like coffee percolating right? Like in an auto drip? Mine does it too. Well, did it... It went away after installing a K&N intake. I know your frustration though.... Sometimes it just bugs the hell outta you :x
haha yeah, it does get annoying. and you said it went away after u installed ur cold air intake because i was planning on buying one, and if it went away then i would be happy cause i got 2 things that would benefit from one thing lol

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yeah I really dont hear it any more. I'm pretty sure it was the intake but I did the tune, intake, and res delete all within a week so don't beat me if I'm wrong...

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Keith

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
I've got the same symptoms. My guess is it's the stepper motors in the gauge cluster. Even though my gauges haven't gone wonky on me, I think they will one of these days. Not sure what the "Pshhhhh" is. Maybe related, maybe not.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I tried to find it for about a month to no avail... It kinda sounds like it's coming from the driver side air vent, but you can hear it by the firewall, and under the hood all you hear is engine so..... :confused:

Don't let it take up all your free time like I did. :bonk:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
365 Posts
The Psshhh sound you hear is most likely the A/C refrigerant pressure equalizing after you shut off the truck. This is normal and every vehicle I have ever owned with A/C has done this. You can test by letting the truck idle with the A/C on for a few minutes, then turn off the A/C. When you turn off the A/C (engine still running) you should still hear your Psshhh sound coming from the dash.

Hope this helps! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.