Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post so I guess first I should say hi. I've got a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV with a in-line 6 and up until recently I've absolutely loved it and now I'm starting to get a little PO'ed because of all the electrical problems I've been having. In the last few months my heated seat cushion stopped working, my horn works intermittently, 10+ LED are burnt out inside my dash, my air compressor switch no longer turns on the compressor but the compressor still works, and the button to lower my tailgate no longer works. I've order parts to fix my heated seat, compressor switch, and button for tailgate.

I noticed the following problem today; perimeter lighting no longer comes on, headlights don't say on for the prescribed time on D.I.C, and the interior light no longer come on when I open the doors. I've checked the owners manual to see if its a fuse or relay but I didn't see any that would cause the problems I'm experiencing. The problem sounds like a fuse or relay. Could someone please give me some advise to to what fuse it might be or perhaps another cause to the problem?

Scott

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Perhaps, your frustrating yourself with all of the problems.

Sounds like the headlights work, just not as you expect when the doors are locked/unlocked. I have noticed, that they work differently in the daylight, compared to the night operation. They stay on much longer when it is dark.

The interior lights normally turn on when the door is opened, but there is an over-ride switch. The switch is next to the headlight switch and pushing it will disable the interior lights. Push it again, the lights might work.

Report back, if they are still not working, we can help.

BTW, welcome to the site.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Yes, welcome! I almost bought an XUV in 2004, but I finally concluded I didn't have any mission to carry tall or wet things around that couldn't be satisfied another way, like borrowing a friend's pickup once or twice a year.

The electrical system is unnecessarily complex, but the designers were working by other motivations than long term reliability. The XUV especially being an orphan with a low production run, has some unique components like the switches. If you like to work on it yourself, I'd recommend the resource Ray and I use to help folks, which is the Helm, Inc. factory shop manual. Over $100 but entirely worth it to us. Sometimes cheaper on Ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts