Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right about 1 hour ago was driving to school bumping music..then out of nowhere "Check Gauges" appears in my dash..once i lowered the volume like about 20-30secs later it disappeared..Weird!..anyone else have had this problem before?..by the way i have a 02 chevy TB 4.2L
running 3000rms at 4ohms on a Dc Level 2 15..1/4 gain if this helps.!

Thanks!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
what is this "check gauges" mean anyway?..
It's typically to draw your attention to one of the gauges that needs to be checked.

:dielaugh:

So was your voltmeter, oil pressure, or temp gauge out of normal parameters when you had this going on?

Ahhhh, it might be the cabin SPL sensor if you have that option. Not every vehicle does, but look on the door "B" pillar trim next to the driver's left ear. If you have a grill in the trim, there's a sensor back there. If you're playing TDL (too damn loud), it will trip the sensor and warn you. Almost nobody ever trips this, but it's to protect your hearing. Heed it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's typically to draw your attention to one of the gauges that needs to be checked.

So was your voltmeter, oil pressure, or temp gauge out of normal parameters when you had this going on?
temp gauge was..when i left the house i let it warm up for 2mins then left it was 2/4 close to half..while i was driving it went all the way down...then again green light came on started bumping music and this "check gauges" came on
plus the temp gauge has been moving crazy once in a while since 7months ago..it will stay in half(normal)then just go all the way down like when the car is off...i dont know if that could be the problem...should of checked that way before this hapened...haha.lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ahhhh, it might be the cabin SPL sensor if you have that option. Not every vehicle does, but look on the door "B" pillar trim next to the driver's left ear. If you have a grill in the trim, there's a sensor back there. If you're playing TDL (too damn loud), it will trip the sensor and warn you. Almost nobody ever trips this, but it's to protect your hearing. Heed it.
TB trucks have SPL sensors??..didnt know that..haha..this is new..never heard of this before..

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
..while i was driving it went all the way down...then again green light came on started bumping music and this "check gauges" came on
plus the temp gauge has been moving crazy once in a while since 7months ago..it will stay in half(normal)then just go all the way down like when the car is off...i dont know if that could be the problem...should of checked that way before this hapened...haha.lol
Ummmm, yes. :nono:

I swear there should be a warning before posting a tech question: "Did you include all the symptoms, observations, and history you know about before posting this question?" :duh:

We operate like Gregory House - trying to get all the facts so we can make the right diagnosis. But this isn't an hour-long show, and you don't have to withhold relevant facts until five minutes from the end so we can sell more commercials. :crackup: :tiphat

Now start a new thread elsewhere than in the Audio forum and we'll work on the temp issue. Meanwhile, still be careful about that SPL sensor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ummmm, yes. :nono:

I swear there should be a warning before posting a tech question: "Did you include all the symptoms, observations, and history you know about before posting this question?" :duh:

We operate like Gregory House - trying to get all the facts so we can make the right diagnosis. But this isn't an hour-long show, and you don't have to withhold relevant facts until five minutes from the end so we can sell more commercials. :crackup: :tiphat

Now start a new thread elsewhere than in the Audio forum and we'll work on the temp issue. Meanwhile, still be careful about that SPL sensor.
how about pm?help a brotha out?.lol

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
how about pm?help a brotha out?.lol
That's not going to help others by making a thread for the searchable archives. The main reason I resist running a diagnosis in PMs only. It also cuts other talented folks out of the process - there are a few of us who compete good-naturedly to be the best boy scout and fix problems quickly. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's not going to help others by making a thread for the searchable archives. The main reason I resist running a diagnosis in PMs only. It also cuts other talented folks out of the process - there are a few of us who compete good-naturedly to be the best boy scout and fix problems quickly. :D
i see man..just posted this is general section...hope i did it in the right place..and thanks for all the help!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.