Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member to this forum, however i have gathered A LOT of VERY usefull information for my truck. Now i have run into a problem that i have not noticed anyone else on here has, which is why i decided to join and hope to receive an answer. So the problem is... the battery was dead in my TB so i jumped it with my friends mazda. Not quite sure why the batter was dead it only sat for 2 days and its brandnew. but anyway, when i started to connect the cables the alarm started going off, and thats never happened to me before on previous jump starting occasions. however about a half hour later I tryed to turn the truck off and it shut off different and it took about 3 to 5 seconds for it to actually shut down even when though the key was immediately turned to the off position, and as that is happening the check engine light and the 4 wheel drive light flash. Then when the key is taken out of the ignition the gear shift can still be moved, the (not wearing seat belt) beep rings after about 20 seconds (if still sitting in the seat like i was, wondering what was going on) and the (passenger air bag) light, and digital compass on mirror remain lit. Almost seems as if the key is turned 2 clicks right before starting. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i hope you can help me. i know you posted this a few years ago but i am currently facing the EXACT problem with my 2005 tb. evan though i live in new england and the cold days are here, todday i just switched out the ignition switch with no success. i searched far and wide on forums, google, and youtube. you are the first person ive seen to speak of my problem . but no solution is posted please lmk. thnx

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 06 Trailblazer does this too, you can see glow of battery in dash at night... I hope someone figures this out has caused me to replace battery two to three times now....

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
579 Posts
theres a youtube video about this by a member called may03lt. same issues. check the solution there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts