Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Trailblazer LT. It runs fine and when I started it up this morning, the $x$ Service light was on, ABS, Break lights all on, The cruise control stopped working, the heater/AC stopped working.. all at once, . Could it be the BCM? A ground issue? I checked all the grounds and they look ok... Checked all fuses, both under the hood and under the rear seat, all good. All connections are good and tight, etc.
I switch the 4x4 to AWD and 4HI and it works.. Jumped the blower motor and it works. HELP HELP HELP

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
75 Posts
Sub Zero, did you check the master ground post that sits under the dashboard, on the transmission tunnel? If not, check to see if this post has loose connections. You will have to remove the passenger's side panel, at the forward edge of the center console to access the master ground post.

In regards to the Service 4X4 light on, the ABS Light on, the Break Lights on and losing Cruise Control, this is a separate issue than the blower motor. Investigate the ABS wiring harness that runs from the front hub bearings in to the center of the vehicle and look for breaks in the wiring on both sides of the vehicle. If there are visual breaks, then you've lost the ABS altogether. You would need to repair the breaks in the wiring or have a shop replace the entire wiring harness assembly. I had the exact issue with my '02 Olds Alero, sans 4X4 light.

In regards to the blower motor going dead, the blower motor and/or the blower motor resistor are notorious for going bad on these vehicles. Since you were able to jump the blower motor, it could be the blower motor resistor is faulty. Try a junkyard blower motor resistor first, without having the blower motor jumped. If the blower motor works, then, you've found your issue. If the problem still exists, then the only other thing I can suggest is to investigate the blower motor itself and/or the speed control switch.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts