Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Trailblazer. Rear wiper, and rear defrost doesn't work. The hatchback lock works when it want's to. This stuff seemed to happen after my wife started the car and it died. She tried to start it right away but nothing happend. Didn't even turn over. After waiting a few minutes it started. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
This sounds like a starter switch. Do you have a problem often where you turn the key and get nothing. Then after a few minutes it will start? Or was it just the one time?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I have an 06 Trailblazer. Rear wiper, and rear defrost doesn't work. The hatchback lock works when it want's to.
If all things that don't work are associated with the rear liftgate, it maybe a bad ground.
Check the plate lights, do they work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was the only time my ignition didn't work. My plate lights are not working either. I'll try looking for the ground. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Your truck is not that old, but if you use the gate a lot, you could have a broken ground in the wire bundle at the hinge. There is a lot of flex at that point, and wires do/will break

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
I would check your rear dash accessory relay and see if maybe you have a short in either the position in the box or it is just loose. These two things are not related as far as the power distribution box fuses.

If this doesn't help, my next guess would bee that you had a short while startup and fired a wire and have grounded out something because you lost the shielding off the wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks RayVoy. That was the problem. All the wires in the boot by the hinge were broken. I ended up replacing them. All is good.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Thanks RayVoy. That was the problem. All the wires in the boot by the hinge were broken. I ended up replacing them. All is good.
Hey Greg, your welcome. :thumbsup:. We like the feedback.....can help a lot of people. :yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
hey gregG91... were you the one that posted in that other forum-- I mentioned the broken wires in the tailgate- and referred you over here???

if thats you.. Welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts