Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that my TB is slowly kill me with a new issue I'm wondering if anyone knows what would cause my interior lights to come on with no way of turning them off with the great smell if something electrical wanting to send my suv into a firey inferno. The smell seems to be comming from the BCM? If I'm correct that, that is what is connected to the rear seat fuse block

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Well, the BCM controls the lighting, but the smell might be wiring external to the BCM.

Although, sometimes a little fire is not a bad thing :undecided

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the BCM's interchangeable between the years or are they pretty much year specific

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
BCM's are vin specific it has to be programmed to your vehicle

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Windows go up?

Does all the controls on the door work? For some odd reason if the harnesses on the door panel are disconnected the lights stay on 24/7. Found that out the hard way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything else (electrical) is fine on the truck. The great money suckers at the dealership i bought this money pit from did something to the BCM to make the lights not come on and gave me a quote of $597 for a new BCM and harness. Would be nice as you mention to have screwed up with a fuse for it but the TB doesn't have any fuses for interior lights

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
... but the TB doesn't have any fuses for interior lights
Sure it does. Rear fuses 4, 7, 32, and 40. All feeding into the BCM. Different fuses for various dimmable and non-dimmable lamps.

You could always buy an Ebay or junkyard BCM and pay the dealer to reflash it with your VIN and option list. But if the problem is with a harness, you could smoke the next one. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts