Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my 05 trailblazer about 3 weeks ago. And notice the day of me getting it, I would turn it on, and my windshield wipers would come on and I’d have to fidget with them to turn them off. It stopped doin that but now I can’t run them regularly with out the wiper fluid being dispensed. It’s either on max or not at all. While I was driving at night, my headlights just cut out. So I stopped on the side of the road and turned the knob to see if they’d come back on. After about 15 minutes they came back on but cut out again about 10 minutes late. I did the same thing and it took longer for them to come on. Now my lights won’t come on at all and I don’t know what to do. Every other light works. I would think it’s the bulbs. But the bulbs are brand new.
Please help

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
677 Posts
So I just got my 05 trailblazer about 3 weeks ago. And notice the day of me getting it, I would turn it on, and my windshield wipers would come on and I’d have to fidget with them to turn them off. It stopped doin that but now I can’t run them regularly with out the wiper fluid being dispensed. It’s either on max or not at all. While I was driving at night, my headlights just cut out. So I stopped on the side of the road and turned the knob to see if they’d come back on. After about 15 minutes they came back on but cut out again about 10 minutes late. I did the same thing and it took longer for them to come on. Now my lights won’t come on at all and I don’t know what to do. Every other light works. I would think it’s the bulbs. But the bulbs are brand new.
Please help
Is it just the low beams, high beams, or both?

The low beams use a solid state module instead of a relay. It's in the underhood fuseblock and labelled HDM (I think). There are two of these modules right next to each other. Try swapping them to see if the headlights work then. If they do, that means the module is bad and needs a new one. Don't just leave it that way because the swapped bad module would then make the cooling fan fail.

The high beams work off a standard relay. Also in the underhood fuseblock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it just the low beams, high beams, or both?

The low beams use a solid state module instead of a relay. It's in the underhood fuseblock and labelled HDM (I think). There are two of these modules right next to each other. Try swapping them to see if the headlights work then. If they do, that means the module is bad and needs a new one. Don't just leave it that way because the swapped bad module would then make the cooling fan fail.

The high beams work off a standard relay. Also in the underhood fuseblock.
Thank you! I tried that and it worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I tried that and it worked.
It was just the low beams that would cut out. But I did tried what you said and it worked but now my windshield wipers still don’t work normally and my stereo glitched out. It’s like it reset itself but all of my settings are the same.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
677 Posts
Be sure to replace that HDM (low beam) headlight module that was bad or the engine cooling fan will likely not work correctly. That can cause a check engine light and also possible overheating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts