Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 TB 4.2 I6 4x4. Was thinking of going with PCMforLess reprogrammed chip tuned for level 3 shift firmness, currently 275/45/20 tire size (stock was 245/65/17), 93 octane, speed limiter removed, performance exhaust and cat (MagnaFlow with 3" pipes throughout), K&N 57 series CAI, E3's E66 spark plugs.
My question is: Does anyone know if I will gain better results with PCMforLess's mods AS WELL AS have my truck tuned with EFILive (professionally done) or would that be overkill/unnecessary? Can EFILive do the same/more/or less than PCMforLess? Choose one or the other? or can I in fact do both in conjunction? Yeah, just a bit confused at this point

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
2006 TB 4.2 I6 4x4. Was thinking of going with PCMforLess reprogrammed chip tuned for level 3 shift firmness, currently 275/45/20 tire size (stock was 245/65/17), 93 octane, speed limiter removed, performance exhaust and cat (MagnaFlow with 3" pipes throughout), K&N 57 series CAI, E3's E66 spark plugs.
My question is: Does anyone know if I will gain better results with PCMforLess's mods AS WELL AS have my truck tuned with EFILive (professionally done) or would that be overkill/unnecessary? Can EFILive do the same/more/or less than PCMforLess? Choose one or the other? or can I in fact do both in conjunction? Yeah, just a bit confused at this point
First I would get the pcmforless tune, then with the efilive work your way though program on what works bests for you specifics. And if everything goes wrong you can go back to the pcmforless tune.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that's what I'm asking...they do different things?
Basically I have a lead foot and accelerate hard and drive fast. Not so worried about MPG as I am unlocking the HP.
So my question is would one or the other work better for what I have just described? Thanks

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
I guess that's what I'm asking...they do different things?
Basically I have a lead foot and accelerate hard and drive fast. Not so worried about MPG as I am unlocking the HP.
So my question is would one or the other work better for what I have just described? Thanks
I also have a heavy foot. I have the same features that you wrote up above except with 4.10 gears, 3600 stall TC and converted to 2wd.

It depends, they are both similar but several of the features are different. Right now i have the efilive im having problems right now with the tune. I was thinking of trying Hptuner but ill wait and get the problem solved first. Efilive said i needed a CASE relearn from the dealer, and i did send my truck to the dealer for a case relearn, but that was 3 months ago and the dealer hasnt done a damm thing since then. :hissy:

So right now i cant tell you which one is better since i dont have my truck to prove it to you which is better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well originally meant how much it costs, because I'm guessing close to 5 g's? But now I'm also interested to know how much of a gain you got from doing those 2 upgrades...

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Well originally meant how much it costs, because I'm guessing close to 5 g's? But now I'm also interested to know how much of a gain you got from doing those 2 upgrades...
come on now its less than 5 gs my man. but the whole thing (w/ upgrade trans, TC, and removal of 2wd) cost about 3 G's.

the power lets say....its tremendous! Too fast from a stock, heck i can keep up with several v8 cars with ease. (not trucks)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so I'm still not sure that my main question was ever answered directly. The loaner PCMforLess chip just cam today and I'm supposed to send them the module in my truck. I also just found a local shop that can tune my truck with EFILive...but its pricey $600. Im definitely doing EFILive, but should I save my $200 and NOT do the PCMforLess mod? Wont the EFILive do what PCMforLess mod will do plus more? Or is it in fact beneficial to do both?

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
ok so I'm still not sure that my main question was ever answered directly. The loaner PCMforLess chip just cam today and I'm supposed to send them the module in my truck. I also just found a local shop that can tune my truck with EFILive...but its pricey $600. Im definitely doing EFILive, but should I save my $200 and NOT do the PCMforLess mod? Wont the EFILive do what PCMforLess mod will do plus more? Or is it in fact beneficial to do both?
do the pcmforless mod. its cheaper. What I mean about the efilive part is that if you have the chance of buying the program module you can to the modifications for yourself rather than sending back your pcm back and forth. Do NOT let the local shop do the tune for you...its pricey.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm so torn because I've been reading that the PCMforLess mod is "generic" for lack of a better term. Taking price out of the equation, do you think I'll get remarkedly better results? They said they'd have my truck for they day fine tuning it. I'd be willing to pay that if I knew for certain I'd get better results. Final opinion?...

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
EFI in my opinion just sucks, i had soooooooooooooo many issues, HPTUNERS has everything you need, and you can control more options on teh pcm also
Well i just got a case relearn and the engine code still shows up. im sick with efilive. im thinking of going to hptuners

1 - 15 of 15 Posts