Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been having some issues with my engine lately. I spoke with a couple mechanics about it, and they said that all signs pointed to a blown head gasket :(. I was really hoping it was something less serious, but no such luck. After evaluating the amount of money that it would take to fix the issue, and the current economic issues... I finally decided to trade it in for something more reliable. Mind you, this was one of the toughest calls I've made... possibly ever.

Because of the blown head gasket, and the amount of off roading I have done, the vehicle was appraised at a measly amount... a mere $3.5k trade (I paid $17k for it!! :hissy:). Seeing the current economic times, and the associated unknown job security, I couldn't take out a new loan for a vehicle. Also, since gas prices are getting ridiculous, I've been forced into looking at something more economical. So... last night I did the deal... and I got a 1999 Honda Civic. I guess it will do... but I doubt I'll be doing much off roading anymore... :duh:

Here's a picture of the new JD-ride once I got to work today... :(

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Though it is undoubtedly an April Fools joke, I must say:

"Oh Noez! I ran outta torque yo" to the VTEC...

Mike

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Sometimes I HATE being on the West Coast and not getting up in time to prank you east coasters. :hissy:

Yeah - I think my last year's post suckered in a few more people before they got wary.

Nice one, JD, anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a good one for anyone that works in an office... tear up a sticky note, and stick it over the eye of your buddy's mouse... be sure to write "April fools" on it! Classic.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
yeah i seen the Honda Civic and knew good and well this was April Fools. Good try. I just put a sticky over the eye of my boss' mouse to her comp. This will be good thanks for that idea. :laugh:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
oh man its got vtec....

lets see how fast this thing is put the foot to the floor, vtec engage!!!
then hear the thing go bing bing bing bing at 10000 rpms

and thats why my friend who has one refers to it as bingtec

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Here's a good one for anyone that works in an office... tear up a sticky note, and stick it over the eye of your buddy's mouse... be sure to write "April fools" on it! Classic.
One year, my kids covered the spout of the bathroom sink faucet, with scotch tape. They did it before they went to bed, knowing I would be the 1st up. Water comes straight out, what a surprise.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
Well, I've been having some issues with my engine lately. I spoke with a couple mechanics about it, and they said that all signs pointed to a blown head gasket :(. I was really hoping it was something less serious, but no such luck. After evaluating the amount of money that it would take to fix the issue, and the current economic issues... I finally decided to trade it in for something more reliable. Mind you, this was one of the toughest calls I've made... possibly ever.

Because of the blown head gasket, and the amount of off roading I have done, the vehicle was appraised at a measly amount... a mere $3.5k trade (I paid $17k for it!! :hissy:). Seeing the current economic times, and the associated unknown job security, I couldn't take out a new loan for a vehicle. Also, since gas prices are getting ridiculous, I've been forced into looking at something more economical. So... last night I did the deal... and I got a 1999 Honda Civic. I guess it will do... but I doubt I'll be doing much off roading anymore... :duh:

Here's a picture of the new JD-ride once I got to work today... :(

EUH ? WHAT, ahh i see the date now....aprils fools ? please ?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
Never mind, i saw the other posts...

i feel so....

:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts