Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I understand correctly to tune a gmt360 you need to remove the ECM and send it off? Any laptop compatible systems just plug in i.e. HP tuners.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
I just got my HPTuners on Monday. I'm a first time user. I have an 6.0 LS swapped Cherokee and of course my 5.3 Envoy. So far I've just removed the VATS on my Cherokee and tweaked a couple of other things.

It is pretty straightforward for the simple things that that. It isn't like a handheld tuner where you just select the "More HP" setting and you're done. You need to understand some basics on tuning.

If you are serious about tuning, sign up at the HPT forum and use a demo editor you can download at the HPT site. Then you can open and view tuning files that members post on the forum. This will give you a bit of a feel for what you can adjust and how to navigate the program.

My HPT installed with no issues on my Window 10 laptop and I was able to view, download, edit and upload to the PCM in my Cherokee in a few minutes. It was surprisingly easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts