Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, I have a question for anyone who has more knowledge than me. My service 4x4 light is on. Has been on mostly about a year now. It will sometime go out for a while and then you happen to look and its on again. The indicator lights on the selector switch all come on when you first turn on the ignition and then all except the 2h goes out. No ABS or traction lights on either when driving. You can turn the selector switch but nothing changes. Took it to Chevy on Monday. They put it on a scanner and pulled up a list of codes. Tried to clear the codes an wouldn't let him clear them. Message they said he got was that there was no correspondence. They said that they would have to replace the electronic brake control module (not the TCCM) and that is $740. and then that might nor fix it without more parts as well. Ok, but over 700$ to start is over my budget. They said it must have shorted out. How does it short out and then come back again? Does the electronic brake control module control anything with the 4x4 system "service 4 x4 light"? Just have not read anything saying that the EBCM has anything to do with my problem when all else seams to be working ok. We have changed the tf case fluid, have to do the diff's yet. Just turned 74,000 miles and have owned it since 24,000 miles. Thanks to all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts