Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is a really windy saturday, so all my around the house outdoor plans went out the window. Wife is away for the morning so what to do? MOD!

Installed the Mr. Taillight high beam kit I had laying around. I won't make a how-to because Outbak Jon already did. You can see it HERE.

Install was VERY easy, and took about 30 minutes for me. What does it do? It runs all 4 headlamps when you put your high beams on.

And oh, you bet I have pictures :yes:

Low Beams:

High beams:

I nice, easy, effective mod for $24.

Chris

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The only thing that was different than the instructions was that my green wire was green with a white stripe, not a black stripe like the directions stated. I went for it and it worked perfectly :yes:

Just drove home on back roads and wow, what a difference!

Chris

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
I love the quadbeam mod. I did mine for free with the wiring under the steering column. So I still have flash to pass plus quad beam.

Now I wanna get the fogs to run at the same time as the highs. So they will stay on all the time. I already have my HID fogs running on a relay direct to the battery, so I only have to tie into the high beam and use a couple diodes to prevent any backfeed.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the quadbeam mod. I did mine for free with the wiring under the steering column. So I still have flash to pass plus quad beam.

Now I wanna get the fogs to run at the same time as the highs. So they will stay on all the time. I already have my HID fogs running on a relay direct to the battery, so I only have to tie into the high beam and use a couple diodes to prevent any backfeed.
Tis retained the flash to pass as well. I was weary about hacking into wiring, so for me, this was the way to go. I gibe props to those that can do it without the kit :yes:.

I know they say it's easy, but you don't know how difficult I make easy things :dielaugh:

Chris

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Tis retained the flash to pass as well. I was weary about hacking into wiring, so for me, this was the way to go. I gibe props to those that can do it without the kit :yes:.

I know they say it's easy, but you don't know how difficult I make easy things :dielaugh:

Chris
LOL. I was under there anyhow to try and troubleshoot my no cruise issue, so it figured why not. It was as simple as cutting one wire, removing a bit of insulation from another wire and solder the first wire onto the second wire.

As long as it works, doesn't really matter what way you do it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
What wires do you tie together to make all four lights come on on high beam?:thx
There's an article about splicing the wires,

the way Chris did it was the MrTaillight.com mod, which is a wiring kit avalible on their website

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a short video starring the Quad Headlights and my fat a**.

Ugh, I need to lose weight :(

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
looks good... i did it a bit easier.. took my 5 mins to do... i put in a new switch and spliced the power signal and now just flip of a switch i got quads lol... but still a great mod..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts