Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, im looking to add some quick n easy power to my 06 tbss. does anyone have any good ideas besides an air intake ?

also i am looking for a little bit of help with gas mileage. there have to be some things i can do to help out my gas mileage.

thanks for the help

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
lets see...
easiest stuff is tune, intake, exhaust. headers if you're motivated
then hit the accessory belt: underdrive pulleys, efans
then you are down to weight reduction.. forged wheels, pull seats out

i think thats it before taking the heads off and getting dirty

as for the gas mileage: swap in a 4.2L:crazy: or wear lighter shoes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do the underdrive pulleys actually do ? is there noticable improvement in anything ?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
The underdrive pulleys reduce parasitic drag on the accessory belt thusly reducing drag on the crank, "freeing up" some horsepower.

If you're running a CAI without a tune, you're actually probably running slower than stock. Get a CAI, tune, and all other bolt-ons, maybe a torque converter and some trans upgrades. Headers won't do squat until you NEED that much more air flow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha im not talking stupid mpg's like a hybrid. but there has to be something to free up a few more.

the pullys sound pretty badass. im gunna have to look into them

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
the majority of the hp gain from an underdrive pulley is that you are reducing the moment of inertia on the pulley itself.

I'm not crazy about the idea of underdriving my ac compressor in florida summer weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts