Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will just say luck was on my side yesterday while surfing the net :yes: Stopped by ebay and found an OEM Envoy Denali Grille in black and for a great price. Needless to say I snatched it up quick cuz' you rarely see them. Here is a teaser pic and will post a few more after I get it and install it. I will have my "custom" grille for sale afterwards. Not very "custom"--just the factory grille sprayed Black instead of dark gray ;) It will be the complete grille minus the emblem. H-A-P-P-Y H-O-L-I-D-A-Y-S

-J

Attachments

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Nice find! :thumbsup: Being the right color is a big bonus.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
44 Posts
Santa got me markmc's suspension lift. I'm hoping the New Years Fairy will get me the body lift. Still thinking of cutting my grille up and doing my own custom.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
I love early Christmas presents to myself. Isn't it amazing how we use christmas as an excuse to buy ourself things.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
We will just say luck was on my side yesterday while surfing the net :yes: Stopped by ebay and found an OEM Envoy Denali Grille in black and for a great price. Needless to say I snatched it up quick cuz' you rarely see them. Here is a teaser pic and will post a few more after I get it and install it. I will have my "custom" grille for sale afterwards. Not very "custom"--just the factory grille sprayed Black instead of dark gray ;) It will be the complete grille minus the emblem. H-A-P-P-Y H-O-L-I-D-A-Y-S

-J
Good find!

the Emblem is expensive FYI hope you can use the one you have

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Nice.
Im hoping that Santa brings me a remote starter system for XMas. If he doesnt, my wife is gonna catch :hissy:
Santa has bought her almost everything she put in her letter to him :dielaugh:
Good luck-my chic doesn't buy me squat for my ride-she thinks vehicles are a big waste of money :weird:

Nice!!! good santa:yes:
I was a good boy this year :D

Nice find! :thumbsup: Being the right color is a big bonus.
I should have bought a lottery ticket that day too ;)

Santa got me markmc's suspension lift. I'm hoping the New Years Fairy will get me the body lift. Still thinking of cutting my grille up and doing my own custom.
I think Santa is not done bringing me gifts :undecided

I love early Christmas presents to myself. Isn't it amazing how we use christmas as an excuse to buy ourself things.
Yep-I do it every year--think I'm getting some WeatherTechs too :thumbsup:

Good find!

the Emblem is expensive FYI hope you can use the one you have
I plan on using my existing emblem and then selling my stock grille to a lucky forum member at a holiday special price...keep an eye out for it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Grille installed.....Slight problem though-sent me the wrong color! :duh: Described as black is actually dark blue-I think it is Midnight Blue Metallic. It took a little time and patience BUT I swapped the parts around to get my finished product ;) Contacted the seller and am awaiting a reply. So now I have this other grille that I am going to sell. It is in excellent shape and the insert is painted black instead of dark gray. What would be a good going price for it? Any takers? Gonna place an ad in the classifieds in a bit. Thanks for looking....
-J

Attachments

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
410 Posts
That looks nice, I just stole one off ebay aswell. How hard was the swap? Because the one I purchased has white paint, and mine is silver. Any tips or is it unbolt and rebolt

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks nice, I just stole one off ebay aswell. How hard was the swap? Because the one I purchased has white paint, and mine is silver. Any tips or is it unbolt and rebolt

Its not too bad-just a little time consuming. There are a alot of tabs that need to be bent/separated. It is a little tough to get started because the pieces want to stick together BUT once you start the separation process--it gets easier as you get past the halfway point. I just picked an end and started my way...I broke like 2 smaller tabs BUT no harm-no foul ;) Just make sure the grilles are at room temp before prying---it is currently 5 degrees outside so plastic is not very friendly....Good luck

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Veeeery nice. Got to love those early presents.:thumbsup: I get to use birthday as my excuse, since it's only nine days prior:laugh:

Thanks. You have to treat yourself once in awhile ;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
48 Posts
It looks great I dont think ive ever seen this done before. Let us know what the seller says if they get back to you. Im always leary of buying these kinds of things on ebay for fear that they may be stolen parts.

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks great I dont think ive ever seen this done before. Let us know what the seller says if they get back to you. Im always leary of buying these kinds of things on ebay for fear that they may be stolen parts.
The seller agreed to discount the grille I purchased and was apologetic about the confusion on the color-it kinda looks black under dimmer light. I'm happy so I guess that is all that matters ;) Swapping the "guts" of the grilles was fairly easy overall. The seller had a great rating on ebay BUT you roll the dice when you shop on the 'bay'....

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
572 Posts
I agree man. I kinda wonder why my gf's from the past ask for a list. I never get anything from the list anyways. They say, don't buy that, you might get it for xmas. Then I have to go buy it all after x-mas anyways. :suicide::laugh:
Last year I spent about 6-700 on my ex gf and her son. Ya know what I got, tickets to go see the Celtic Women, the singing Irish chicks on public television? WTF???? I told her to take someone else last minute, so she had to eat the tickets :raspberry

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
18 Posts
Words To Live By: "Live by the 'bay, Die by the 'bay"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts