Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have some pics to an e-fan install in a TBSS? I was planning on just running some LS1 fans and getting a wiring harness for it, but I am curious if the are some better options for the TBSS.

For those have done it care to share pics? Or anybody with a link to some. I saw that ADM has some but there aren't any pics on their site and it only says e-fan are there 2 fans or just one?

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
Check out what we have. We have a high quality OEM wire, connector, and terminal harness using OEM weather packed and sealed relays. The kit requires no cutting on the vehicle and mounts LS1 fans by 4 corners using black oxide grade 5-8 hardware for a oem look.

The fans activation is off, single, double.

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
877 Posts
yes, by the dash gauge. My efi logs show different.

PS- I only heard 1 fan kick on so far, I like it.

Good job on the install. If number 2 doesn't come on let me know. You should be able to command it on using bidirectioncal controls in EFILive. IF you cannot than you likely didn't get the pin seated all the way.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Good job on the install. If number 2 doesn't come on let me know. You should be able to command it on using bidirectioncal controls in EFILive. IF you cannot than you likely didn't get the pin seated all the way.
So far everything is good, havent really seen a need for the other to kick on. In order to insert the pin all the way, I started the hole with a small jewelry screwdriver and then I used a VERY SMALL drill bit and worked it by hand - no drill, perferct fit. This weekend Ill be doing my other SS because its so well worth it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
31 Posts
On my 06 I use the GTO setup (not an easy install) with independent setup. I also programed to have them run after the key is off if necessary by temp or X amount of secs. 2 relays and 1 switch inside to override.

07 I've done the LS1 setup (super easy mounting) and program them to turn on as 1 fan (both at the same time) and also run when Ign off if necessary. Using just the white wire off the factory plug. 2relays and 1 override switch.

Brackets Prepaint

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
877 Posts
So far everything is good, havent really seen a need for the other to kick on. In order to insert the pin all the way, I started the hole with a small jewelry screwdriver and then I used a VERY SMALL drill bit and worked it by hand - no drill, perferct fit. This weekend Ill be doing my other SS because its so well worth it. Thanks for the help.
I wouldn't use a drill bit, try a small pick like what the dentist uses on your teeth. The pin will slide in and lock realatively easy.

No problem, glad you like it.

Any reccomendations on making the kit better? I wanted to start a survey on them.

·
Banned
156 Posts
I wouldn't use a drill bit, try a small pick like what the dentist uses on your teeth. The pin will slide in and lock realatively easy.

No problem, glad you like it.

Any reccomendations on making the kit better? I wanted to start a survey on them.
Just 1... In the fourth picture, if the wires were about 4"-6" longer the fit would be perfect.:m2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will the elec fan setup work well if you tow? I tow a boat (bout 6000 lbs) and a motorcycle trailer bout 5500-6000 lbs).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will the elec fan setup work well if you tow? I tow a boat (bout 6000 lbs) and a motorcycle trailer bout (5500-6000 lbs).

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
877 Posts
Will the elec fan setup work well if you tow? I tow a boat (bout 6000 lbs) and a motorcycle trailer bout (5500-6000 lbs).

I personally don't reccomend fans for guys who tow regularly. However I wouldn't be afraid to run one.. Just want coolant temperatures.

The fans used in our kits are the same fans we keep in corvettes and F-bodys that make over 600 at the wheels.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts