Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

E-Brake wire

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Lsines 
#1 ·
I'll be installing my AVIC-Z1 tomorrow and just wondering if anyone can help me out on where to find the e-brake wire, what I have to take apart to get at it, where's the best place to run the wire from the HU to the e-brake wire and the easiest place do splice into it. I know it sounds like alot of info, but I'm getting excited for its arrival and want the install to go as smooth as possible. Thanks all in adavnce!!

#3 ·
bro, the wire that is for the e-brake, just crimp it to a toggle switch then ground it. That way you can still watch while in drive not just when the parking brake is engaged. I had to learn the hard way, i took it to a shop and i saw what they did. Shhhh cost me 50 freakin dollars.

#7 ·
CHINGON81 said:
bro, the wire that is for the e-brake, just crimp it to a toggle switch then ground it. That way you can still watch while in drive not just when the parking brake is engaged. I had to learn the hard way, i took it to a shop and i saw what they did. Shhhh cost me 50 freakin dollars.
that doesn't work on the newer pioneer navis

#9 ·
oh there are tricks to get around that on pioneer navis without anything fancy. i'll be interested in seeing if the Z1 is the same. jkawar are there any unused pins on the harness for your navi?

#10 ·
jimmyjam said:
oh there are tricks to get around that on pioneer navis without anything fancy. i'll be interested in seeing if the Z1 is the same. jkawar are there any unused pins on the harness for your navi?
:undecided JJ do u know how to do it to a N2? The locals r trying to charge me $150 to do it. Supposely they have made a type of chip that replaces Some thing in the hide away box. It all sounds like BS to me:mad:

#11 ·
jimmyjam said:
Jimmy -

I was thinking the Z1 might be a good choice for my TBSS (although I like that Eclipse uses the Denso nav, so my wife would feel right at home)...so I'm curious. What does get around it? I know in my wife's RX330 it's not very simple - it knows it's moving by the GPS...if it's moving it disables certain functions.

(Of course, at least in the Lexus version of the Denso, there are hidden on screen overrides for that...:thumbsup: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.