Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres my tb

when i bought it i noticed a few things. the owner had a cb installed. and also a system installed. i could tell from the wiring harnesses added in towards the back seats and little slots in the carpet running cables through.

heres the thing though my ebrake never worked and i figure he had a touch screen installed but instead of googling the damn codes or grounding it out another way to play video while driving he connected it to the ebrake like he was supposed to but disconnected the actual break.

how would i go about getting this hooked up again?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
331 Posts
Not disputing your conclusion but I'd suggest first try adjusting the ebrake. It's fairly common for them to need adjustment... in fact I've had to do it a couple times within the first 50000 mi. The ebrake had become completely ineffective.
The brake itself is a small drum that is inside the rear disc. The "official" adjustment procedure requires the disc to be removed and the shoes adjusted based on the diameter of the drum however most use trial and error.
Here's a link with good info: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=53680

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
:iagree: thats a great thread to read. also, while having the wheel and rotor off, check the condition of the shoes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts