Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on deleting the stock resonator and i have chosen to go with a Dynomax to take its place. i have been looking around and im am not sure as to which is the best choice to go with but first off i jus want to make sure that the resonator is that ugly thing hanging down in the back of my envoy correct?? because ive been gettin myself confused while looking it up. it seems that the resonator and the muffler are either the same or jus get mixed up easily. what do u guys think is the best choice of dynomax for me. im not looking for an obnoxiously loud sound jus something that gives it a a much deeper tone and definitely not anything close to sounding like a ricer/lawn mower on steroids lol:laugh:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,227 Posts
Yes the resonator is the Fugly can in the back. Its supposed to cancel the drone at highway speeds.
Why don't you take of the resonator and put a nice tip on? See how you like the sound, then if you want more, change the muffler?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
OK here goes. The resonator is the round can at the back of thr truck with a curved tip at the end. The muffler is the big oval on under the truck in FRONT of the rear tire.A lot of people including me have just cut off the resi right after the last hanger and put in a straight or curved pipe with or wihtout a tip. If you are just looking for a little more sound thats the best way to go. Want louder? then either leave the resi on the truck and go with a MUFFLER change or put on a cat back. I had a Gibson on my 05 that I really liked there are others also. If you replace the muffler with say a Dynomax and still want luoder THEN take off the resi. This covers what most people do. Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts