Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are the links to the results of my dyno runs at Vector Motorsports yesterday. I was hoping for a tad more on the numbers but no big deal. By no means am I a dyno expert and I don't want to start a dyno debate here. It is a Mustang dyno (typically lower #'s I hear), and I do have a Yank 3600 which from what I understand a bigger stall hurts the numbers a bit. I was happy with the 1/4 simulation run and I will be even happier if I can match or beat that number at the track in the next week or so.;)

A few things I would like to comment on. The Vector canned tune was almost dead nutz! I only gained 2-3hp with some tweaks from Kirk vs the canned tune. Just re-iterates why everyone is so happy with Vector's tune.

Secondly, we installed Vector's HSRK (Heat Soak Reduction Kit) and this thing is awesome! The IAT sensor responds instantly. Before installing it, we hooked up there new "Dashhawk" (whole nother story) to monitor IAT's and this sensor responds to temperature swings so fast Heatsoak is virtually eliminated. It looks of factory quality too, most dealer techs probably wouldn't even notice anything different.

The "Dashhawk", well I don't want to get in trouble from Chris again, but simply put, this thing can do it all. This will be a must have for everyone contemplating any mods to their TBSS. Chris.....remember I am in for one!!!:yes:

I'll finish this off by saying Chris, Kirk, Dan, and even quiet "Tuna" are all top class guys who treat their customers right and are seriously devoted to making our TBSS's go fast.

Hey guys.... I'll be back for some go juice shortly...let's see what this thing can really do:crazy:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/bbradyc5/TBSSDyno2Sept19-06.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/bbradyc5/TBSSDyno1Sept19-06.jpg

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Heat Soak Reduction Kit is a new and relocated plug & play IAT sensor. The IAT is suppose to read the incoming air temperature and if it is too high, then it tells the computer to pull timing. The problem with the factory IAT is that it gets heatsoaked when idling and the sensor responds very slowly to cool down. So example, you are waiting in the staging lanes at the strip and the air outside is 70 degrees, but the underhood temps are causing your IAT sensor to read anywhere from 110-150 degrees which means the computer is pulling timing (ie less hp). When you do your run, the air passing by on the sensor will cool it down to the proper temp but not quick enough to matter on your 1/4 mile pass. Vectors chosen sensor responds much faster, almost instantly, so that as soon as that cooler air passes by, it will read the intended 70 degree air temperature and not pull any timing. I hope I expalined this properly, if I made any mistakes, someone else please chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts