Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is interested, I decided to go out on a limb and contact dynatech about an exhaust system. They are located about half an hour away, and sice I haven't seen or heard about another SS anywhere near me I thought they might be able to use my truck for a test fit. He said they were interested in doing this and would contact me in the near future.:D

Nick

·
Banned
963 Posts
get this i bought hangers, a 3 inch flange and 3 inch pipe on ebay with a stainless steel magnaflow muffler polished for 170 shipped. shop is charging me 100 bucks to weld the muffler in and do the entire exhaust from cat back 3 inch. save yourself money buy the parts and have a shop weld it in.

im using the magnaflow 3 inch in/out 18 inch case length adn 24 inch over all length.

so total with labor lets say 300, im sure you will spend 500-600 bucks plus shipping for a cat back set up done by a exhuast company

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
ludicrist said:
Yeh I got the same response from SLP . I believe they will make the products just depends on amount of phone calls and email requests .
TONYGXP.I think he lives right near SLP.He should go there and make a fuss.There is two cars that SLP just did in the new Car and Driver a SLP 455 BOBCAT GTO 455hp & 453tq and a SLP ZL465 CORVETTE 465hp & 445tq

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am talking full exhaust. IE headers and the works. We'll see what they say. I just want this done right. It would be too easy to mess up the exhaust note of the LS2.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Envoy Fan said:
Need company name location and phone number
http://www.slponline.com/

there's the site, they've been around forever now, I remember back in 91, my brother's neighbor in Brick, NJ had an IROC-Z 305 with a S/C on it by SLP, cheezy little decals on the hood were the only give away, they've come a long way since then...email them and ask them for products..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys think that a full exhaust would be too much for a DD? I have been having second thoughts on this now because I don't want to have to wear ear plugs, and it would be nice to listen to the stereo every now and again. If I use high flow cats, and a good muffler, would this be enough or would the exhaust note be unbearable? Just thought I would ask you guys before I let them use my truck as a guinea pig.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
SloMo said:
Do you guys think that a full exhaust would be too much for a DD? I have been having second thoughts on this now because I don't want to have to wear ear plugs, and it would be nice to listen to the stereo every now and again. If I use high flow cats, and a good muffler, would this be enough or would the exhaust note be unbearable? Just thought I would ask you guys before I let them use my truck as a guinea pig.
key is the resonator, when you're cruising around that's what keeps the exhaust low...remove that and you're driving a 6 liter, 400hp, 4.10 geared hotrod!! so you'll have to decide what you want, not sure who'll make a highflow, "not so loud exhaust"..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts