Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DVD player installed in my Chevy and for some reason the sound system switch for the DVD player when flipped to the on position is not coming through in the speakers. Has anybody else experienced this issue with the DVD player and/or can anybody provide some assistance with getting this fixed? Thanks in advance for your time with this.

Oorah

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
What kind of stock radio do you have? Anybody fiddled with the wiring inside the dash in the past? Is the vehicle new to you, or did you own it since new? Did the audio ever work, and then die, or if you bought it used, did it never work at all while you owned it?

I'm not totally sure about how the DVD works, but if you have the rear seat audio control panel on the console turned on, it will mute the rear speakers if the radio is the audio source. Perhaps the DVD option mutes all speakers in that case?

Ahhhhh, the shop manual says the main head unit has to be in the CD mode to get DVD audio. That's probably in the Owner's Manual as well. Are you doing that?

Do your wireless headphones work? Does the rear seat control panel display DVD (or RSE) as a source option?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of stock radio do you have?
I have the Bose AM/FM/XM 6 Disc radio

Anybody fiddled with the wiring inside the dash in the past?
No one has fiddled with the wiring since I have owned it for the past couple of years

Is the vehicle new to you, or did you own it since new?
I picked it up from the original owner back in 2007

Did the audio ever work, and then die, or if you bought it used, did it never work at all while you owned it?
It has worked ever since I have owned the truck but just recenlty I went to play a DVD and the sound would not come through the speakers. But the DVD player worked

I'm not totally sure about how the DVD works, but if you have the rear seat audio control panel on the console turned on, it will mute the rear speakers if the radio is the audio source. Perhaps the DVD option mutes all speakers in that case?
I will have to check

Ahhhhh, the shop manual says the main head unit has to be in the CD mode to get DVD audio. That's probably in the Owner's Manual as well. Are you doing that?
Let me check that as well

Do your wireless headphones work? Does the rear seat control panel display DVD (or RSE) as a source option?
I have not tried the headphones and I have not looked at the display.

I will have to trouble shot and get back to you, thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts