Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I am a long time reader, but I don't post much. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the community at trailvoy.com I now have succesfully installed my DVD screens and HU installed in my 2003 TB LTZ.

Just wanted to show my install video:

Installed:

Pioneer AVH-p3200bt
2 Power Acoustik H-7 DK Gray DVD Monitors

I was a little worried about the gray in the DVD headrests, but they matched the dark gray trim that I have in my seats and instrument panel perfect!

Thanks Trailvoy!

- Glenn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much did the headrest DVD screens cost? Looks like a factory option!
Thanks. I paid about $120/ea. On amazon.com I originally ordered the light gray for it, but it was too light so I sent them back and got the dark gray instead. It matched up perfect with the trim. I like these because there was no cutting into the seat needed as all of the wiring runs down the post and it's pretty easy to get to once you run the wire through. I tapped the fuse box in the back seat to turn them on. My wife saw looked at it after I installed everything and she said the same thing. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Btw, there are no DVD players in these screens. I wanted to be able to control the DVDs from up front since my 4 year old doesn't know how to switch the videos out. These are just monitors in the backseats. Everything is ran from the pioneer up front. This video was actually a music video that I had on my iPod connected to the stereo.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Hey wglenn, i have the same headunit the pioneer avhp3200bt and i also have dual headrest monitors and im gonna hook them up to the deck but i was wondering do i need a Video Switch? or plug into the video RCA inputs on the back of the deck or can i use the backup camera input and the video input?

I hope that made sense lol

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
239 Posts
Looks great OP!! Very factory look and nice job! :woot:

Hey wglenn, i have the same headunit the pioneer avhp3200bt and i also have dual headrest monitors and im gonna hook them up to the deck but i was wondering do i need a Video Switch? or plug into the video RCA inputs on the back of the deck or can i use the backup camera input and the video input?

That HU has a video output that you would run to the DVD screens. You might need to get a video signal splitter to run 1 video cable from the HU.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
140 Posts
Looks great OP!! Very factory look and nice job! :woot:

That HU has a video output that you would run to the DVD screens. You might need to get a video signal splitter to run 1 video cable from the HU.
:iagree:
I had to split my video out as well. It did make the video slightly grainy compared to when it wasn't split but for the kids...they have no idea. It really doesn't affect it all that much...just get a good quality splitter for around 10~15 or so and you'll be all set!

Oh, and by the way...GREAT JOB!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Sorry that I am replying so late. Anyway, I have an RCA cable running from the HU to under the drivers seat. There, I put in a splitter and feed both of the monitors from that wire. There isn't much noise on the monitors either from it. The only problem that I a having right now is that the IR headphones suck with these monitors, so I sent them back until I can figure out another headphone setup. I am thinking of installing Bluetooth headphones inn the rear..

The cool thing about this pioneer stereo is that it has the dual zone audio/video, so I can feed the monitors and headphones the movie and still listen to my iPod/stereo up front.

Hope thus helps!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Thanks to the reply. I was looking into y adapters but I wanted to think about the future. So instead of doing y adapters I bought a video amplifier that had 4 video outs so I could expand. I Installed this yesterday and it works perfectly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts