Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in love with the Chevy and the TBSS, maybe this was covered b4, if so, I'm sorry. Why doesn't the TB already come with dual exhaust??? As I look at all sites on chevys the little Cobalt has it for cryin' out loud!!!:cry:

If Im mistaken, im so sorry.
I just love the look of dual exhaust on good lookin' rides.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
SSdreamer said:
I'm in love with the Chevy and the TBSS, maybe this was covered b4, if so, I'm sorry. Why doesn't the TB already come with dual exhaust??? As I look at all sites on chevys the little Cobalt has it for cryin' out loud!!!:cry:

If Im mistaken, im so sorry.
I just love the look of dual exhaust on good lookin' rides.
doesn't make it any faster so I could care less...has to do with the gas tank being in the way...Cobalt SS's are for 18yr old Highschool kids... SS's are for MEN..(and some women, but we like them more:rotfl: )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just wrong! What were they thinkin'?? But the TB has those two opening on the very bottom of the front right? Why not do up the back with some looks too?

That's my only complaint, I swear. :x

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Good point, the single exhaust makes it that much more of a sleeper, but the real reason GM didnt do dual exhausts is the fuel tank placement and clearance issues. The TB SS prototype had duals, but that was one of the things that changed.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
85 Posts
Even if you converted it to duals, it would still only be a single pipe to the back. So, what's the point?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Jonzoso said:
Even if you converted it to duals, it would still only be a single pipe to the back. So, what's the point?
Exactly, the only way to do it would be to run true dual exhausts, which would be even more involved. It could be done, but on the SS rear valence you would have to cut it out on the other side to get it to match.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
ScarabEpic22 said:
Exactly, the only way to do it would be to run true dual exhausts, which would be even more involved. It could be done, but on the SS rear valence you would have to cut it out on the other side to get it to match.
which would be pretty sweet to get that completed. it wouldnt look like a true SS anymore but would show some personality of the owner.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
The SSR is built on the same chassis and has the same motor, with dual exhausts. I have been wanting to get a comparo look under both to see what's different under the SSR. My guess is the SSR exhaust would bolt right up. But the gas tank may be different, etc.

Then there's the rear fascia. It wouldn't look right just to cut out the opening. The right side opening has a bevel around it. It would take some work to make it look right.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
318 Posts
TrailblazerSS said:
The SSR is built on the same chassis and has the same motor, with dual exhausts. I have been wanting to get a comparo look under both to see what's different under the SSR. My guess is the SSR exhaust would bolt right up.
Pretty sure the SSR is on a shortened TB chassis.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
Envoy Fan said:
Some just like the balanced look of dual exhaust.
True. Others (myself included) like the clean look of no tail pipes, hence the dumps on the C3! :D

Is it possible to do a dumped muffler on the TB/Envoy? Or would that be illegal since the exhaust gasses could possibly make it into the passenger compartment (not possible on my truck because the cab and bed are separated, and it's plenty far back..)? :undecided

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was thinking that upgraded sideskirts with exhaust cutouts would be kinda sweet but nothing I would be interested in enough to make happen. Personally, I'm very pleased with look of the truck and don't think dual exhaust would look right without modification. do you know how many cars have dual exhaust or fake duals and just aren't fast? I'd rather have one exhaust pipe and smoke the hell out of em :D. a larger exhaust tip is in the future for my SS though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for your answers and comments.. Hopefully I can work on my daul exhaust issues..

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
tj willy said:
haha - I did not even notice where the link took me until I read the next post. :laugh:

I spoke with my most trusted muffler guy (who does not mind a "cash price" which helps both of us) about getting a new exhaust on the voy. He said dueling would really be for asthetics only -which we know (4.2L)- and would require moving the spare tire.

He said he also puts a lot of FMaster 40 series on these trucks. TB's and Voys. I think that is kinda loud. I am considering it though. I think I will add a dual polished/chrome tip though since I am adding the Denali chrome 17's. I think that will look good.
The Borla dual exhaust for the SWB does not require the spare tire to be moved or relocated.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts