Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and trying to help a friend with a 2002 Trailblazer with the overhead FlexVision LCD TV and VHS player in the back. What can she do when we go to DTV? I haven't been able to check the vehicle to see if it has an inverter that could power a converter box. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
It is my understanding that the majority of TV screens in autos are there for DVD, and in some cases - VHS, viewing. That said, the overwhelming majority would not have a built in tuner therefore, there would be no need for a DTV converter box.

If the screen in question DOES have a tuner, chances are it is already a digital tuner, assuming it was manufactured within the last few years.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
i have been looking for on to put into my vehicle. Its an 04. The factory flip down dvd had a built in tv tuner but it is an analog one.
i have found this and am planning on getting it just a little scared to drop the flip down and try to install it about the headliner. I am sure i am capable just trying new things scare me a bit.

http://www.millionbuy.com/fardtv2u.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks tblazed for the info. I'll look on the Web for suppliers. She has a 45-mile daily commute and loves the TV for traffic and weather. She says her TrailBlazer is her all time favorite vehicle. Her youngest brother and his wife are on their second one. She is not happy that GM discontinued it since she would easily buy another one. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Thanks tblazed for the info. I'll look on the Web for suppliers. She has a 45-mile daily commute and loves the TV for traffic and weather. She says her TrailBlazer is her all time favorite vehicle. Her youngest brother and his wife are on their second one. She is not happy that GM discontinued it since she would easily buy another one. Thanks again!
I would say envite her to the site and her brother to they would love it once they start posting and finding things out about there TB they never knew about.. Send em down :woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.