Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my wedding ring down the vent on the dash of my chevy trailblazer. I believe it's the defrost. The vent in the middle close to windshield. How hard is it to remove the dash? How much would it cost to have a professional do this? Is this something I could attempt on my own? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
How hard is it to remove the dash? How much would it cost to have a professional do this?
I don't know, but;
I dropped something down there and I could see it by standing in the doorway and looking down through the windshield. I used one of those gizmo's that is a cable and 4 jaws open/close when you push/release the button and snagged it.
Hopefully you're that lucky.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
well im gonna ask what everybody else is thinking......why was your wedding ring off in the first place!:undecided:raspberry

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
well im gonna ask what everybody else is thinking......why was your wedding ring off in the first place!:undecided:raspberry
Well, I was working at a fair out of town. It was VERY hot and humid. My fingers swelled. My ring became uncomfortable. So, on the drive home i put them up on this little rubber mat i have on the dash. Needless to stay, it did not stay put. Sorry, that probably wasn't the risque answer you were hoping for.

I don't know, but;
I dropped something down there and I could see it by standing in the doorway and looking down through the windshield. I used one of those gizmo's that is a cable and 4 jaws open/close when you push/release the button and snagged it.
Hopefully you're that lucky.
I did try to look down into it and felt around a bit too- no luck! :(

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Getting the dash out and back into the vehicle is one of those 3-6 hour jobs. Not for the low-experience mechanic because of the slight risk from the passenger side airbag removal. You need to take precautions to not let it explode. But well worth it for the average wedding ring. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
Mine went down the defrost vent too...

Were you able to get yours or is it still in there? Thanks Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts