Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HID's in for about 2 months now, and always wondered why I've read threads on needing a DRL killer? My 2005 TB has a stock DRL killer, when I turn the headlight switch all the way to the left. But I have never noticed any blinking or any problems at all with my HID's when they run on the DRL's, so typically I'll leave them on. I was just wondering if you turn them off to prevent some sort of electrical problem or is it just to make the bulbs themselves last longer?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site. Your HID's will burn out sooner. The DRL's run about 7v or so and the bulb life is much shorter.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
:iagree: running with the DRL's at only 70% power will kill the ballists that power the bulbs more quickly especially if you still have your truck set up for the light to come on at night when you hit unlock on the key fab. if you want to keep the DRL's contact mike from jetttstream (he is a vendor on here) and he can get you a DRL module that operates the DRL's at 100% so you don't have to worry; it is plug and play and it is what i am running and works great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
yea

thats the one that i have its amazing no need to splice wires and you keep the perimeter lighting and its as easy to install as running them with a relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts