Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my paint to paint the chrome strip on the grille. I am a very slow paced worker and want to know if any problems could come about driving in the rain with the grille removed.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
184 Posts
None that I can see....unless you follow a dump truck spilling gravel down the road!!!1:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
634 Posts
BIRDS!!!!! Instead of getting "grilled" they'll be poking holes in your condenser. :m2:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok everything primed. Now to get a nice smooth look do i use some high grain sand paper and sand the primer before putting the final color on or do i just spray final color clear coat it then a gentle wet sand. Im a rookie here and just want to make sure i get it right.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea yea i know should be done by sun we are supposed to have a bunch of rain fri and sat so might have to put it off. till then. you guys think one can of spray is enough for chrome cross bar in grill and two mirror covers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok it was a long weekend but i got the grille painted, debadged, resonator removed, and finally finished the stereo.

next up mirror covers, bug deflector (gonna get clear and paint it black), try the whistler mod.

Quick question while bathing my TB today i noticed a chip in the paint on the roof starting to rust a bit. whats the best way to stop the rust and maybe cover this up a bit without re painting the whole roof but still make it look as unnoticeable as possible? thanks for the help hope you like.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
610 Posts
Lookin Good :thumbsup:

I have a few chips on my Jeep from stones (i saw one hit while driving). I use duplicolor touchup paint. Dosen't look great but if uoy are careful and dont use alot of paint, it will be mostly only noticable to you. Be careful when sanding the rust but it all has to come off or it will come through the paint sooner or later.

I know there are guys here that have more experience with chips than me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.