Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive been basically bed ridden last couple of days, went to a friends yesterday and back home and back to bed. I cannot find my keys ANYWHERE, not too happy i have alot of other keys along with my flash drive on it. Ive literally tore my house and garage upside down, and its driving me crazy, the damn thing is sitting in my driveway unlocked. I usually put them on the counter or leave them on the seat until the night. Went out last night to get them so I thought, my wallet was on pass. seat so highly unlikely anyone took them.

anyway I have the pink slip can the dealer make me a key or what do you guys suggest i do? its a 2004 TB, hopefully it is NOT a transponder key?? Any insight of what you guys had to do in the past? I dont see them turning up at this time, need to get my mind off it
im on the verge of caling AAA at least to put it on the street so I can get it out of my damn driveway at least.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
86 Posts
On mine the dealer showed me a card in the glovebox that has a coded number on it. It is the key code for your key. Hopefully you have the card!
Good luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they should be able to do anything with the vin and the pink slip, too bad i lost my stupid ass ID like 3 days ago too, life is just not good right now

·
Registered
137 Posts
Take your VIN, registration and title or proof of ownership and your ID to a GM dealer parts counter. The VIN number is on the registration and title. I think I saw the same notice about getting a key posted at the parts counter when I picked up some parts last Tuesday.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i wish i could, too bad i need to wait till monday, even then i lost my damn ID, and its sitting in my driveway and needs to be moved out, ive never been so frustrated in my damn life

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone know a way to atleast get it in neutral so i can have it towed to to the damn street atleast?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Call a locksmith that does emergency ignition services. They will be listed in the telephone directory. They won't be cheap. Maybe they are covered under your car insurance.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha those are neat, dounbt insurance would cover anything. Im going to have to just ride it out until monday i suppose and hope the dealer can cut it instantly. I just hope my rig doesnt end up stolen anytime soon i never misplace my keys

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is the "arms length rule". Anything you misplace is within your reach. You just have to remember where you went from car to in the house. So did you carry anything in while carrying the keys and put sometime away and set the keys down? I buy something, set it down and then forget where. I carry my keys (a big handfull) in one pocket or have them on a dresser unless they are in what I'm driving.

I remember years ago my buddy lost his car key at the state fair. I don't remember how we got the car to go but we did. Simpler times. His mother found the key when she washed his jeans. It was in his pants cuff.:bonk:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wish it were that easy. ive dug through absolutely everything hope i can come back here and tell you guys i found them. Its happened before but not to this extent lol

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Look in the beer fridge :crackup:

And, BTW if it happened before, it will happen again................................................ cut a spare.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If ive "lost" them before its been maybe 5/10 min and been in a pocket or somewhere obvious..lol
still no keys. Getting pretty worried at the fact that someone stole them from my damn drive seat which is where i leave them most of the days. But would someone open my door in front of my house, take my keys and leave my wallet on the passenger seat ??? =[ of course unless they have ideas for down the road. I've pretty much given up, in my head someone stole them off the damn seat since I have them there so much, but yet wallet and cash is untouched :-/ i do have subs, and a navi screen in the dash. Planned on getting rims in a week or two, kinda leery about that too dont wanna get new rims and have the whole damn truck missing.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
I realize this horse has already left the barn :duh: , but I always keep a spare key with me just in case I lose/lock my keys in the car. Long ago I found that a wad of keys would tear holes in my pants pocket. I carry my keys on a leather belt loop which suspends the keys in my pocket. The main key ring comes off the the loop, but the loop stays on my belt. The loop includes a spare car and house key, which never come off my belt...unless needed! :woot: And yes, over the years I've had to use that spare key maybe 3 times. Better to carry a spare and not have to use it, than to not have one and need it! :bonk: :m2:

Ok, I'm off the soapbox now. :tiphat As others have stated, take your VIN and proof of ownership to the dealer for a spare key. (Have two made!)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im not really worried about the key, I just bought the tailblazer about 2 months ago, they only had one key, ive been meaning to get aroujnd to it. My other cars always have a spare etc. My main concern is now that someone stole them off my drivers seat. which pisses me off because now im debating on having the ignition and driver door lock changed, which is more of a pain in the ass, im doing the house today or tomorrow. I also run a small business from home and leave alot of value in packages by the door on a regular basis. Ive been doing things like this for awhile, i leave my wallet in my car alot and keys etc.
I went to the dealership today and had a key made, no problem unless my whole damn truck ends up missing. The effects are way more psychological then anything else. Even if i had a spare i'd be royally pissed if i still couldnt find this set of keys. I dont want to forget about it and in a couple months my stereo or whatever comes up missing.

Anyone know how easy it is to pop the ignition out? I know the door lock is simple, but not sure about the ignition as I find changing it is really only peace of mind

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Getting pretty worried at the fact that someone stole them from my damn drive seat which is where i leave them most of the days. but yet wallet and cash is untouched
You, my friend (and I use the term loosely), deserve to loose your keys, wallet and everything in your house.

Do I sound like your father? I have no more time for you.:hopeless

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
you should be able to shift the vehicle into neutral.
THough it may have changed on some of the newer Trailvoys...
something about lifting the shifter boot and being able to shift the tranny...
look in your manual...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
this is usually done for Trailvoys with dead batteries that cant be shifted (do to the non workin solenoids with dead battery).
this will allow you to move the lever out of park.

shift lock release (at least for 03's)
1)press on the sides of the boot around the shift lever to release the boot.
2)lift up the boot on the shift lever and you will see an orange lever.
3)lift the orange lever up and move the shift lever out of park.
4) snap the shift lever boot back in place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts