Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a prob with thier driver side mirror clicking when backing up on 2003 envoy xl. it just clicks like its stuck or something plus i have it set along with my seat adj whenever i get in the truck but it never seems to be set right. feedback please. is this something iom gonna have to replace soon?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You must have the "curb assist" feature turned on. Almost nobody would to that on their driver side. I recommend turning it off.

Memory mirrors have position feedback potentiometers built in, so if the motor/gears gum up or jam, eventually the control module sees it's not moving as commanded and it gives up.

You can snap the mirror off and lubricate things back there with a silicone grease. Clean the potentiometers if you can. Or buy a new mirror off Ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too!!! Same problem.

I have the same problem with my driver side mirror. No matter how many times I set it, once I get out of my TB and return my mirror never returns to my set position. Oh, and it clicks too. I turned off my curb assist a long time ago, but I am going to recheck it. But I am pretty sure that is not the problem since the mirror is pointing up.

I will try the lubricating the mirror gears, if I can figure out how to get the mirror off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts