Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the way to work this morning when I had the window down about 3 inches a little rattle noise. Well when I got to work and rolled it up I heard a scratching noise and sure enough I have 2 scratches 3 inches long towards the back of the window by the writing. Anyone had this happen before? I am taking it in in the morning hopefully under warranty and hopefully they will replace the window also,as i am still in it. I didnt see a rock and the seal is solid up against the window. It they dont replace the window any ideas on getting the scratches out. They are faint as it looks like it just happened the one time and I havent rolled it down since before I take it in.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got back from the dealer today and they are replacing the seal and the glass under warranty but didnt look into it any further until the parts are in to see what happened. They said the only thing that touches the glass is the seal and didnt see any debris so we'll see next week when they take the panel off.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it turned out to be a bent clip that was hitting the window and scratching it. They did replace both the glass the clip, and the seal. It turns out this was the second TB in this week with the problem according to the advisor. I am just glad the rattle is gone and the glass is new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts