Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago I had a hub bearing, front driver’s side, replaced due to a roaring sound. There has been a severe vibration/wobble when braking at high speed since this repair. I am not a car person. Automotive jargon lacking.

Further detail, I was told I needed a new driver’s side upper control arm simultaneously. When the car was returned, it seemed fine on local roads. First time on the interstate, I nearly lost control of the car twice. In an effort to satisfy everyone, I have replaced all control arms (driver’s side control arm had not been replaced afterall), rotors, bought new tires, aligned, balanced, replaced a brake caliper and had the “brakes checked”. The steering is better, but there remains a violent vibration when braking at higher speeds. I notice/feel a “rub” every rotation of the front wheel at higher speeds. When the wheels are turned fully left and I make a tight turn, there is a high pitched squeal. The brakes grab, as if I need new rotors but since those have been replaced, I am investigating before I do it again. Everything changed at the hub bearing replacement, a distinct before and after. It all seems on the front driver’s side. Before I begin the routine maintenance again, does anyone have an understanding of this or a suggestion? A very enjoyable vehicle before this happened.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts