Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past week at the dealership I finally found out why my driver side heated mirror is not working.

Last year in January had my car at the dealership and included in the list of work was diagnosing why my driver side heated mirror was out along with my rear window defroster only having the top three lines of the window defrosting. Their thought was since the window was not working, the mirror was not working as a result. :bonk::bonk:

Had the window replaced and saw that there was a break on the side where the "stuff" is for the electrical lines on the window. So that solved the problem of the window. But my mirror failed to turn on. :rolleyes:

Well, finally found out last week that this is due to the control module for the heated mirror (not the one in the door? everything in the door works fine) is out and it's a pretty expensive fix...so it's a power issue. None the less we didn't bother fixing it :hopeless:hopeless

My passenger mirror works fine and it's not like I can't drive my car. I'm gonna get by for now but was wondering if there's a cheap way to fix this or if there's a cheap shortcut to replacing the module. :):)

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
I don't know what you mean by "control module", but the heated mirrors are controlled by the Drivers Door Module (DDM) and the Passenger Door Module (PDM). If your driver's side mirror is not heating up, then its either the DDM, the mirror or the wiring associated with it. Some troubleshooting is in order to pinpoint the faulty area.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what you mean by "control module", but the heated mirrors are controlled by the Drivers Door Module (DDM) and the Passenger Door Module (PDM). If your driver's side mirror is not heating up, then its either the DDM, the mirror or the wiring associated with it. Some troubleshooting is in order to pinpoint the faulty area.
Yeah the dealership said control module, at least that's the way my dad put it. I just wasn't sure if it was the actual control module in the door or not. They mentioned that it was a power issue. Everything else in the door works fine, so that's why I thought it was a different module for the heated part of the mirror itself...unless there's some relay or some electrical part that's fried. :eek:

That's as far as I know...:bonk:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
6 Posts
DDM recall

Did dealer check for a recall on the Drivers Door Module. I know mine was replaced under a recall. Actually, I had replaced it --$300-- but was able to get dealership (GM) to refund my repair cost when I found out about recall (since this was one of the few repairs I had done at the dealer). Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts