Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side door panel is coming off. My mechanic said I need a new panel at $500 for the panel, but he can get a used one for $150. I would think that there is a cheaper fix, like new mounting hardeware or something like that. The door panel itself looks fine ie no cracks or anything. Is he correct?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
204 Posts
you would get more help if people had more information. such as trailblazer or envoy or tb ss and also year. color does not matter:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
More info needed and pics.
The panel is held on with these barbed pins that fit in a slot on the panel and are pushed in to the metal door. they get worn out easily. on the top there's two channels that have to fit in to one another, I have a lot of trouble getting them it fit properly. There's also two bolts by the handle if those are broken and not holding anything then your mechanic is right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, it is a 2003 Envoy. There really is nothing to take pics of. As I said, it isn't damaged, but it is only held on in a few places. I don't have the door panel off of the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts