Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT EXT
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Does anyone have a part number or suggested vendor for the drivers side door mirror actuator motor?
-power mirrors
-heated mirrors
-automatic tilting (parking assist) mirrors
I picked up a mirror actuator motor on ebay recently but all the wiring on my 2003 EXT does not plug in to the new motor. I have lost the automatic tilting (parking assist) with the replacement motor so there must must be another part number.
Any ideas?
Appreciate any help that can be offered

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I didn't know anybody on Ebay sold just mirror motors. Or any vendor, for that matter. Was it described as fitting your year trailblazer mirror? I'd open a discussion with the vendor if it was inaccurately described.

What does its connector look like and why doesn't it fit your harness? Got pictures?

Do your mirror memory locations work accurately? If they work, I see no reason why the parking assist wouldn't work. But my assumption was that the flaky mirror performance as the units age was more a fault of the mirror position feedback sensors than the motor itself. How did you troubleshoot it to the motor being your problem? Did it just fail to move at all?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
691 Posts
Hi all
Does anyone have a part number or suggested vendor for the drivers side door mirror actuator motor?
-power mirrors
-heated mirrors
-automatic tilting (parking assist) mirrors
I picked up a mirror actuator motor on ebay recently but all the wiring on my 2003 EXT does not plug in to the new motor. I have lost the automatic tilting (parking assist) with the replacement motor so there must must be another part number.
Any ideas?
Appreciate any help that can be offered
What you are saying is the the new actuator has fewer wires than the original.

Yes, there are 2 different actuator assemblies, one with feedback sensors for the memory function (4 more wires) and a cheaper one without the sensors.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and thanks for the responses.

My wiring harness inside the mirror has two different plug ins and the new actuator-motor I purchased had only provisions for one of the two.
The ebay ad indicated that the actuator would fit the 2003 TB but as I look more closely now it made no mention of the parking assist function or even multiple user settings....so shame on me for not asking more questions of the vendor before purchase.
One picture shows the old actuator motor. The square hole is for one of the connectors and the small rectangular holes on the flat part just behind are for the second connector. The new motor does not have these holes.
Second picture shows the box-part number of the replacement motor I installed.
The issue (s) I was experiencing was that the mirror had trouble moving at all and made a clunk-clunk-clunk and very little movement to show for all the noise/effort. I searched the forums and did see that many other folks had issues with mirrors not finding their way back to the set position. My mirror just sat there and clunked without moving...that is why I purchased the new motor as a solution...and yes, it is rare to see just a motor.
The new actuator works very smoothly but I have lost the parking assist and lost the multiple user settings so I must have the simple actuator motor.

So it sounds like there are two different units and I must need the one with the feedback sensors. OR...As I look at mirrors online it appears that the complete mirror assembly may be a more economical way to go?

Has anyone replaced a drivers mirror that has parking assist and multiple user settings with a replacement assembly? Part number? Suggested Vendor?

Many Thanks for your time and suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a guess,I think the reason for the two plugs(one for going left and right) and (one for going up and down).
Actually I have full functioning up-down left-right with only the small connector plugged in.

The second wiring connector appears to be tied to the advanced functions such a parking assist and driver 1, driver 2 settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.