Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been here on TV for about 2 - 3 years, and I am loving my 2005 Envoy. But I want to update the Roof Antenna located on above the driver side roof. The older antenna is a little platic rod with a little wire wrapped around it. I want to update it to the 2008 - 2009 AC Delco Antenna. I am not sure what this antenna does, or if I need it; but I have OnStar so I am thinking that is what it is.

So my question is, do I need to do anything different to get this antenna functional in my 2005 Envoy? I am thinking the connections could be different, and that the functionality of the antenna would be a little updated, but I searched this site and found nothing.

So if anyone has not done this mod yet, let me know what you think, also I have found a couple of antennas on Ebay Ranging 45-85$. Not a bad mod, a good little project to take out the head rest and fiddle around a bit.

On a side note, I love this site! #1 Bookmark

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
41 Posts
I assume you mean the "Shark Fin" anntenna? I think that they used that one from 06' to 09'. I also think that the anntenna is XM and OnStar all-in one. The bases look different to me, so there might be different holed drilled. But who knows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts