Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what this part is called. It is right under the top hinge and it keeps the door open when you open it. This piece broke recently and I didn't realize it until I seen it but after that I had realized that for a couple weeks now when I open my door it won't stay open, it swings closed freely. I need to replace this and I was going to do it myself but I don't know what the part is called and cannot locate it on the web. Any help or ideas beside just taking it to a repair shop? :bonk:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,292 Posts
53Fin Dollars! designed to pad the GM coffers..?...:hissy::mad: ...another Nail.:ugh:..mine makes a nice clicky sound.... I can't sneak in the dway at night... wakes the nieghborhood:mad:...I'd be making one out of aluminumummn....:undecided cut a piece out of Your nieghbors gas grill lid:thumbsup::nono:....

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
I don't see the part in the sketch. Attached is a picture of the broken part.
WTF!,,HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN???:bonk::bonk:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I see it now. Thanks. Have you ever replaced this part. I didn't take the rubber boot off to see how to get that side off. Other side is just two screws.

Damn, 53 buh for that? What a rip. If that's what it is, that's what it is. If I don't get it my door is probably going to end up hitting something from opening up too far.

And, I don't have a clue how it happened. Probably my freakin' wife. Every time she drives my car(s) she does something stupid. LOL:suicide:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You talkin' about u pull u pay? I've been there for a rear upper third brake light for my wife's van. They were organized but at that time didn't have anything compatible. I'll check again.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found it at GMpartsdirect.com for $43. Just went ahead and ordered it before something happens to the door or hinges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts