Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Where would you buy any GM parts? Dealer. Ebay. Craigslist. Ebay. Discount GM parts places like parts4chevys.com. Ebay.

Did I mention Ebay is a great place to find parts like this. If not today, keep looking. They seem to have a bit of turnover in parts every week. Like MILLIONS.

Ebay.

Ebay.

Ebay.

Seriously. Ebay.

:crackup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
All you need is a steering wheel with buttons on it, a new cluster that can show the functions and a new clock spring

I recommend going to a scrapyard to find the clockspring..

make sure you get one that is compatible with yours..

with or without adjusting pedals

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
All you need is a steering wheel with buttons on it, a new cluster that can show the functions and a new clock spring

I recommend going to a scrapyard to find the clockspring..

make sure you get one that is compatible with yours..

with or without adjusting pedals
Just a single quick question. Does the wiring come in TB LS's
or would the wiring have to be run?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
should be all there.. just need a cluster that has the DIC display

you can easily tell if one does if its says "ODO" or "Odometer" in front of the mileage (if you look at Ebay ads)

to keep from running wires though you would need the steering wheel with the buttons..

if you stay with your non-buttoned wheel then you will need to tap 4 wires off the cluster harness to a 4 switch box to cycle the features

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
so if you were to get the cluster with DIC, the clockspring, and the steering wheel needed, would this also make the radio controls on the wheel work as well?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
so if you were to get the cluster with DIC, the clockspring, and the steering wheel needed, would this also make the radio controls on the wheel work as well?

correct..

since a new clockspring from the dealer is a couple hundred and coupled with a new steering wheel most people just do the new cluster and switchbox..

but if you are like me and want it all OEM looking then I would find all the parts at a scrapyard and just have the mileage reprogrammed at a speedo shop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.