Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
143 Posts
Sorry I didnt also compliment your work.......here is a congratulatory pat on the back for a job well done:woot:. It looks good, and as long as it is functional that is what matters most.

If you get a chance take a look at a similar thread on TBSSowners.com , a guy fabricated the SS plug with the stock steering wheel buttons for the DIC functions and added some fiberglass......it looks like it came from the factory, like it should have in the first place. :hail:

·
Registered
17 Posts
does anyone have the part number for the terminal that is used to plug into the back of the intrument cluster?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
DIC Harness Kit in time for X-mas!

Now that we've crossed the T's and dotted the i's with the moderators, we'd like to invite you guys to take a look at our plug in DIC kit.

As an owner of the 1SS I really regret not getting the 3SS package, so when I saw this thread I was thrilled...until I saw what was involved in doing it. Me no like messing with electrical stuff...especially when a warranty is still in place!! lol

So to make a long story short, after going over this kit with a few guys, we finally decided to create and introduce an all in one kit for the 1SS owners. It will include the following:

-Pair of Factory Trip Info/Display/Select switches

-New "Trailblazer SS" pod replacement bezel with contoured openings for switches.

-Plug & Play wiring harness that does NOT require any wiring cutting or additional parts. No soldering. Wiring will include feature to allow buttons to be backlit as the factory intended. (Plug & Play installation feature for TBSS gauge clusters only)

-Complete Installation Directions

Pricing and Holiday 2008 Special Pricing will be available next week!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
I was looking into doing this as well. At a recent meet a guy in my chapter showed me how he installed his switches without the steering wheel. He got some small black buttons from radioshak and put them in the SS logo above the rear wiper controll. looked good and I barely noticed them. LOL nevermind i guess i whould have read the last page before I replied he already posted

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
I was looking into doing this as well. At a recent meet a guy in my chapter showed me how he installed his switches without the steering wheel. He got some small black buttons from radioshak and put them in the SS logo above the rear wiper controll. looked good and I barely noticed them.
Sounds like a kit I used to build a long time ago.

We still sell the pins neede though!

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JETTT&Product_Code=JAT-TBSS-DIC-PINS&Category_Code=TBSS2

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
I just realised I have what pins these are! I have a huge lot of them as they are the same pins used on some earlier GM applications.

Hell, Buy a tune, a transmission cooler, fan kit, etc. and tell us you want some and we will throw them in the box for you!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts