Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread...How many buttons will I need for my DIC to function? (that sounds good):D
Is it 4 like in the project box?

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread...How many buttons will I need for my DIC to function? (that sounds good):D
Is it 4 like in the project box?
Yes, 4 will make the DIC work :laugh: :hopeless

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
do we need pins?

I was thinking--do we need the pins for the harness?

Obviously it would make for a cleaner install.

But, what about just tapping into the other side of the harness, where the pins would have plugged in anyhow?

I don't mind splicing and enjoy electrical projects. So...instead of searching for pins and running the wires. Can't I just vampire tap into the 4 wires..run them to switches and then to ground?

Thanks,
-Mike

--EDIT--
I see that the 'wires' I'm talking about don't exist..and it looks like you either need to solder on the wires, or attach pins to wires and insert them into the connector.

Damn...now I need the damn pins.

-Mike

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was thinking--do we need the pins for the harness?

Obviously it would make for a cleaner install.

But, what about just tapping into the other side of the harness, where the pins would have plugged in anyhow?

I don't mind splicing and enjoy electrical projects. So...instead of searching for pins and running the wires. Can't I just vampire tap into the 4 wires..run them to switches and then to ground?

Thanks,
-Mike

--EDIT--
I see that the 'wires' I'm talking about don't exist..and it looks like you either need to solder on the wires, or attach pins to wires and insert them into the connector.

Damn...now I need the damn pins.

-Mike
I was hoping for the same thing when I started looking into the project, but no such luck.

I've already soldered the wires to the back of the cluster, but I am leaning toward getting the pins and doing it right so I don't have to hear some BS excuse from the dealer when I go to get warranty work done, especially since these clusters can be screwy sometimes.

I should be getting my coil and steering wheel by the end of the week, so I will be able to finish the article and get it published :yes:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Whats a DIC? :dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

Hope all goes well this weekend JMAN i sent you my number before if you have any problems call me :thumbsup:

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Doing this tomorrow! Can't wait.

I am doing the momentary switches and adding the wires to the harness.

I have 2 sets of pins...

so..

My question is: Does the IP/gauge cluster have male pins sticking out of it and the harness plugs into it.

Or

Does the IP/gauge cluster have female pins and the harness (where I am adding pins) are male.

So--the IP pins are either all showing....no plastic inbetween. Or The harness that plugs into the cluster has no plastic between pins.

Any help necessary. I'd hate to use the wrong pins since I'd like to build it before I pull the cluster.

THANKS.
-Mike

Installed and functional.

I have some pins left over too.

Add me to the list!

I will not be adding a steering wheel.

I added a box that is very discrete and very functional! :)

Pics later!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
143 Posts
alright so i have a question( deff going to sound like a newbbb)

06LS.... Do i have to go get a new cluster in order to have DIC?
Hey man, its Chris from Nassau. Met you at the Source Meet we had a few weeks back. The DIC cluster should already be there, it is truly a plug and play install with the kit from Jetttstream. Because you have the I6 you have the 4wd switch where I installed mine. So you should go with the stealth box he offers for underdash mounting. There is a guy on TBSSowners.com that actually fabricated a button set-up from the stock steering wheel switches, but again he mounted them where I did mine..where the 4wd switch is for you. Stealth box is one option that is really easy to install........or you get creative and drill few holes in the dash fascia in an inconspicuous spot and mount the button there yourself. PM Mike ......jetttstream and ask him though. He is one of the gurus that helped design this addition. :thumbsup:

You can see my install pics on my profile.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,674 Posts
Hey man, its Chris from Nassau. Met you at the Source Meet we had a few weeks back. The DIC cluster should already be there, it is truly a plug and play install with the kit from Jetttstream. Because you have the I6 you have the 4wd switch where I installed mine. So you should go with the stealth box he offers for underdash mounting. There is a guy on TBSSowners.com that actually fabricated a button set-up from the stock steering wheel switches, but again he mounted them where I did mine..where the 4wd switch is for you. Stealth box is one option that is really easy to install........or you get creative and drill few holes in the dash fascia in an inconspicuous spot and mount the button there yourself. PM Mike ......jetttstream and ask him though. He is one of the gurus that helped design this addition. :thumbsup:

You can see my install pics on my profile.
Yeaaa i remember thanks bud Just wanted to make sure before i purchased it so im gonna PM mike and ask him went hjome and checked out the site i was like dammn i want that

Thanks for the info!!

·
Banned
7,988 Posts
I'll admit, not my best work. But, the DIC works now and it doesn't look horrible. It will do until I can think of something better.

·
Banned
7,988 Posts
looks really good sam!! great work
At least one of us likes it.:duh:

Thanks Warren. I really want to do something that looks a little better. I could have taken a little more time with this project, but I really just wanted it done for now.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
At least one of us likes it.:duh:

Thanks Warren. I really want to do something that looks a little better. I could have taken a little more time with this project, but I really just wanted it done for now.
i also like the way it looks, the black buttons look great there and you really did not get much into the lettering there:hail:

41 - 60 of 71 Posts