Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
133 Posts
I found when replacing mine that there are many part numbers for the ddm. I found my replacement on ebay for like 79 bucks shipped. It had a different part number than the one being replaced but once it was installed everything worked fine. Just try to find a used one thats close to the model year (or interchangeable with your model year) and you should be fine. Don't get sucked into the dealer for this as its cheap and easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
I found when replacing mine that there are many part numbers for the ddm. I found my replacement on ebay for like 79 bucks shipped. It had a different part number than the one being replaced but once it was installed everything worked fine. Just try to find a used one thats close to the model year (or interchangeable with your model year) and you should be fine. Don't get sucked into the dealer for this as its cheap and easy to do yourself.
How much did it cost you to get it programmed? And on ebay, what terminology did you use in your search? I searched under DDM and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
133 Posts
You only have to get it programmed if you buy a brand new ddm. If you buy a used unit it isn't needed, it is already ready to use. I searched ebay using everything i could, ie; 2003 TB window switch, Driver side door module, etc til it came up. I just dug up my receipt and the sellers name was Pam's Auto, Inc. It was 74.99 shipped and came quickly. They had like 5 of them when I purchased mine in march. Their customer service was excellent as well. Phone number is 800-560-7336 if ya can't find them via E-Bay. Good luck to ya:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You only have to get it programmed if you buy a brand new ddm. If you buy a used unit it isn't needed, it is already ready to use. I searched ebay using everything i could, ie; 2003 TB window switch, Driver side door module, etc til it came up. I just dug up my receipt and the sellers name was Pam's Auto, Inc. It was 74.99 shipped and came quickly. They had like 5 of them when I purchased mine in march. Their customer service was excellent as well. Phone number is 800-560-7336 if ya can't find them via E-Bay. Good luck to ya:thumbsup:
I can't find anything using all the terms I can think of on ebay and pams auto doesn't seem to have any items for sale at all when I click to see sellers items for sale so I will have to call them next week. Thanks for all the help though. I really appreciate it. I hope I can get this issue resolved shortly ha ha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah I checked their inventory a minute ago and wasn't having any luck. I will try to call them Tuesday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys I got my hands on 2 modules for $70 for the pair and problem solved! Thanks so much for the help guys, I really appreciate it. Now I can move on to solving the plethora (4) of check engine codes the thing is spitting out and try to figure out how to fix them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Driver Door Module dead

2006 Chevy trailblazer 4.2 I6
VIN 1GNDT13SX62124728

DDM DEAD, No windows,Locks,Mirror don't work
plugged PDM into drivers side and windows and locks work,
plugged DDM into Passenger door and window and locks don't work.

DDM part number is 158299905

my question is what DDM will work with this, years/model

is the new one from GM an updated version?

any help would be great!

Thanks

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
2006 Chevy trailblazer 4.2 I6
VIN 1GNDT13SX62124728

DDM DEAD, No windows,Locks,Mirror don't work
plugged PDM into drivers side and windows and locks work,
plugged DDM into Passenger door and window and locks don't work.

DDM part number is 158299905

my question is what DDM will work with this, years/model

is the new one from GM an updated version?

any help would be great!

Thanks
Get a used one that has the same buttons/features as the one you have now, and it will be plug and play. Ebay has plenty of them. You can reuse your cover, so no need to worry about the color of the one you buy. :m2:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Gratitude

I just picked up my 07 TB last year and this issue really pissed me off. A friend of mine told me to check these forums and I just wanted to say...

Thanks everyone. Really thanks for putting up suggestions on how to trouble shoot the DDM, the pricing...everything. You guys saved me from an aneurysm today.

With snow already hitting PA, I didn't want my driver door to be stuck in the down position. Again, much thanks to everyone at Trailvoy.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
well i guess mine is done too?the ddm just started not to work..but i could hear a beeping sound every 5 minutes or less..is that normal?its like im in the emergency room hehe..it beeps even if the car is off too..lights/radio/windows doesnt work if car is off unlike before,u can still operate them..can this be the same problem?ive read the posts but i dont remember anyone mentioned the beeping sound..thanks for your help!
joe

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
My '02 door is still dead. Swapped drivers with passenger ddm. Driver's door still dead but Driver's DDM works in passenger door. I've checked the wire harness which looks good. I'm no electrician but it looks like I have 12 volts to the orange wire in the DDM. Where is the ground I should be checking? Inside the door or somewhere on the chassis?
Also , I have found a parts truck that was rolled but the drivers door only has basic function switches, locks and windows. Will the harness in the rollover be the same as my SLT which is loaded or are the harnesses all individualized for options?

This is starting to get to me. Any help is so greatly appreciated...

Thanks.... Glenn

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
Is it uncommon for the window switches on the DDM to not work but the window lock and door lock switches do? I took the passenger side DDM and hooked it to the drivers side and the window worked.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Dead ddm

About a month ago i had my window open and it started rain so i closed my window and then the next my drivers door controles were dead so i opened up the door module and saw that it had shorted it shorted along a trace along the side of the board and looks a smd was blown right off the board so have no idea what it is this is out of a 07 envoy. if someone would be willing open up there module and post a picture of the it that would defenitly help. thanks.
here a 2 pics to show were that smd use to be.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/superman276/IMG_20140722_150740_zpscae40e2d.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/superman276/IMG_20140722_150756_zpsf469bd8e.jpg

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
I have a used one coming I found on Ebay. It might be here today. Then i'll install it and if all works again i'll take the old one apart and see if I can find a bad spot in it.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
2004 GMC Envoy XL Driver Door Module

Hello, I am having the same problem on my Envoy. All the other windows work, but nothing works on the DDM except for my power door locks. Since the door locks work...Does this mean the DDM is still operational? None of the other window buttons work, but the switches work on the other doors for their own window. Does anyone know where I can get DDM for my make and model at a inexpensive price other than hundreds of dollars?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
12 Posts
My '02 door is still dead. Swapped drivers with passenger ddm. Driver's door still dead but Driver's DDM works in passenger door. I've checked the wire harness which looks good. I'm no electrician but it looks like I have 12 volts to the orange wire in the DDM. Where is the ground I should be checking? Inside the door or somewhere on the chassis?
Also , I have found a parts truck that was rolled but the drivers door only has basic function switches, locks and windows. Will the harness in the rollover be the same as my SLT which is loaded or are the harnesses all individualized for options?

This is starting to get to me. Any help is so greatly appreciated...

Thanks.... Glenn

Did you ever find this ground? I'm in the same boat. DDM swap with PDM and both work on Passenger side. Power to door harness and getting 12v at the Module.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
Did you ever find this ground? I'm in the same boat. DDM swap with PDM and both work on Passenger side. Power to door harness and getting 12v at the Module.
Don't remember if I found the ground but I did find the problem. The wires that come from the door, go under the dash and then under the rocker panel cover. I had (I think an orange ) wire that had a crack in the insulation and had grounded/eroded into the rocker panel, shorting out the power to the rear door controls from the main driver's door switch panel. I fixed the wire and as soon as I pulled it away from the rocker panel the door chime started ringing so I knew I had found the culprit.
Check your wires very carefully...

Good Luck

Glenn

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
12 Posts
Thank you, I will. I had it pulled apart the other day and had full 12v at the power plug (4 wires) from the firewall/frame and that even powered up into the module. Did your KeyFab still operate the other 3 doors?

This is just one in a chain of electrical gremlins I've encountered over the past 3 months.

((( Initial ABS/Brake lights dinging constantly. [replaced wheel hubs]

Fuel pump ground going out leading to stalling while driving and no start issues and a new fuel pump [ which still didn't start till we fixed a couple grounds, replaced Ignition switch, Cam Sensor, MAP sensor, swapped entire fuse box, new battery].

Fuel Gauge occasionally decides it wants to work. RPM gauge has done the same.

Fog Light button pressed/depressed turns the radio lights on and off.
Cruise Control works for 10-15 seconds and shuts off.
I've had the shifter button lock on me after putting it into park and not shutting off the truck and trying to shift back into Drive. )))

I keep telling myself it's a good new-to-me truck once I figure this electrical out.:bonk::bonk::bonk:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts