Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Where do we get ALL GM-specific parts with no aftermarket alternative?

GM dealer (DDMs likely to be on backorder), junkyards (www.car-part.com, but not for small stuff like this), Craigslist, Ebay, parts4chevys.com, gmpartsdirect.com

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No. It's what the switches are connected to. As I said, just pry it up out of the door from above. Where did you get that pic? That sure looks like an airbag sensor - maybe in the door. I don't recall ever seeing one like that, but I don't have the newer air curtain side impact bags.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
4 Posts
I asked someone on craigslist for the passenger door module off his 2002 bravada, and he sent me that pic, and as.ked if it that was it. I guess not.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,298 Posts
Definitely not it. When you pull the switches out of the door, you're
also pulling the module. It's all one unit.

Good Luck!

Chris

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
DDM Problem

Having problems with my driver side door controls as well. Mirror works, but driver side power door locks and driver side window do not. The radio also turns off as soon as I turn off the ignition (as opposed to when I open the driver side door as it should).

Fuses are all fine, so I swapped the DDM with the passenger side module as suggested and it works fine (the passenger module works on the driver side door), leading me to believe its not the wiring, but rather a bad DDM.

So, if I have this right, I need to replace the DDM. However, if I order one on line and do it myself, I still need to go to the dealer to get it programmed? Is this right?

Also, I had the driver side window motor replaced by the dealer about a month ago. Any chance my problem is related to something they did or is it likely coincidence?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
My son left both the front window open last weekend (prom) and it rained. (2003 Envoy AWD, 4 door)

He was able to put them up, but now the whole drivers side unit (DDM) is dead (nothing works). Is there a fuse associated with this module or is the module dead?

Any reply would be GREATLY appreciated....

Bob.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's almost always the module. They love to burn up internally and not blow a fuse. You might recover it by prying it out, disassembling it, and drying it with a hair dryer or in the sun. Rumor is that so many of them continue to die that they're on national backorder with GM, and junkyards are jacking up the prices since they know they have a scarce commodity.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
It's almost always the module. They love to burn up internally and not blow a fuse. You might recover it by prying it out, disassembling it, and drying it with a hair dryer or in the sun. Rumor is that so many of them continue to die that they're on national backorder with GM, and junkyards are jacking up the prices since they know they have a scarce commodity.
Thanks for your quick reply :)

Not to beat a dead horse, but IS there a fuse associated with just the driver DDM and where is it located (can't hurt to check it if there is one...)

The units appear "sealed". Taking it apart require "cutting" it open? (I already have it separated from the frame....).

Should I try to swap in the passenger to make sure its not something else?

Again, appreciate the response :)

Bob.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
2 Posts
Mine is an '07 TBSS. I have recently (last month or so) been having problems that I cannot find in this thread but definitely seem associated with the DDM. The driver's heated seat (base only) turns on by itself (fun here in Houston with 100+ temps) but is able to be turned off manually. All the switches still work most of the time, although there have been times where the drivers window rolls back up really slow (I know the regulators in these are inferior) and others where the switches won't work at all but only for a few minutes. Also, I have had a few occasions where the windows will roll up or down on their own as well. No issues with mirrors, memory seats or the heated seat back. Any ideas? I am under GM Major Guard warranty but all the dealers say they have to replicate the problem, this could take hours of just idling or driving it, not something I want them to do.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
06' TB Dead Driver Side Door Module (DDM)

OK, so I know that there are a lot of post on this topic. I am having this same problem, I pulled the DDM out and I can see where the plastic is burned at the top towards the window locks so I'm thinking that its just the Module nothing else, I tried to replace it with the passenger door's module and nothing still happens. My problem is that I am stationed in Germany and there is no one here to take it to to look at it. I know that I need to replace the DDM you can smell/see the burnt plastic its not brain surgery but if I have to replace the wire's in the door how much of a task is this gonna, be also where can I order a replacement DDM please help

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
2 Posts
I've been having sporadic issues with my driver door module. Can anyone supply me with a parts number so I can find one? 2006 Envoy Denali w/heated seats...

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
bad programming?

I have had intermittent DDM issues myself, dealership replaced DDM, then when problem reoccured they said there was a GM TSB regarding "bad" programming of the DDM and they supposedly reprogammed it with the new software. It worked fine for a few days and the problem is back. Im ready to dryway screw a switch panel from an 80's gm car back when switches were switches and not NORAD super computers bent on world domination and raping my wallet.

Is there any other solution other than constantly swapping out DDMs? If it helps with the diagnoisis when I lose power there is no correlation between motion , vibration or moisture, happens when car is parking and im just sitting there. sometimes it just stops halfway up and then you have to cycle the key from on to off, sometimes a few times, sometimes 34,987 times. Also the radio will die immediatly after turning the key off, lose all power to everything controlled by DDM but windows will still work from rear window controls.

Can anyone help me so I dont bring my trailvoy behind the shed and ol yeller its behind? :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
DDM issues

hi everyone. i found this forum because i recently was zapped by the DDM demon. i was surprised to find out how many of us have experienced the same problem. here's my particular case: mine quit without warning one day, so i contacted my local shop and made an appt. a few days before i was to take her in, everything stated working again. naturally i thought it was a shorted wire. when i got to the shop i told my guy what was happening and what i thought and left it. after a while, he called me in and told me it was the Driver Door Module. which i've never heard of because my last car was a 96GMC p/u that i bought brand new and drove through 2009...needless to say, i was a bit out of the loop about the newer models...he explained what it was and gave me a price. great. ok. but then i started thinking...the problem is intermittent. so that leads me to believe that it very well could be a connection. i mean if something is broke, its broke right? this does'nt necessarily tell me that its the DDM itself. how do i would i know this? and furthermore, if i go ahead and fork out the $450 to fix it, is this a chronic problem? if there are so many of these coming out of the factory like this, aren't these going to be replaced with the same part?...why haven't they been recalled yet?...anyone have any thoughts or ideas or opinions?...i'm a little perplexed at the moment. although mine seems to be affected by bumps and jolts..which again, raises the idea of a connection issue.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
lov2xlr8 and hdbassman2000: Have either of you swapped the driver's side DDM
with the passenger's side (assuming that your passenger's side unit is
working)? If your drivers unit works in the passenger's door, then it's *not* the DDM.
This would be further supported if your working passenger side unit decides to
*not* work in the driver's door.

The most likely culprit in that case is a bad wire either going through the
door frame or possibly a flaky ground.

Start there, as it's the easiest thing to verify (cheapest, too), and we can
try to work from there.

Good Luck!

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
lov2xlr8 and hdbassman2000: Have either of you swapped the driver's side DDM
with the passenger's side (assuming that your passenger's side unit is
working)? If your drivers unit works in the passenger's door, then it's *not* the DDM.
This would be further supported if your working passenger side unit decides to
*not* work in the driver's door.

The most likely culprit in that case is a bad wire either going through the
door frame or possibly a flaky ground.

Start there, as it's the easiest thing to verify (cheapest, too), and we can
try to work from there.

Good Luck!

Chris
great thanks chris! now,where is it located and how do i get it out?...i don't have to pull the door panel off do i? i hope not...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nope. Check out post #2 in this thread. It's just the switch unit,
which contains the door module. It all just pops out of the arm rest
area, no door dismantling needed.

Cheers-

Chris

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Do you guys have the part # for the DDM? I am having the same issue but the modules on but the driver and passenger side are bad I believe as I can't control anything from either.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts