Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a repair kit for the hinges? My hinge pins are worn on my driver door, so it is sagging slightly and doesn't close smoothly. It isn't too bad yet but I want to take care of it before it rounds out the holes or something.

I've been searching but haven't found anything.

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
Most auto parts stores carry them. They usually have them on a spin around rack. I think one of the brand names here is HELP. I have bought them for my Chevy 2500 and my F350. I think they're like $7.00 or so.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there different sizes? I would hope they are marked as to what vehicle they work on.

Found another nuisance item - my rear defogger is scratched and damaged, so only one line actually works :hopeless

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
Yes, they mark them for Chevy and Ford, and they make a repair kit for your rear defogger too. It's a metallic liquid that you paint on.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
From what I can see in the 2003 service manual, we don't have replaceable hinge pins.

Each door has two hinges and each hinge has two small metal pins that stick up.

The book only shows the entire part (door side or body side) being replaced. The half connected to the body has the pins.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang it. These hinges are welded to the truck! Oh GM, how brilliant was that... :duh:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
Wasn't the last owner-unfriendly thing they've stuck us with. Can't locate a mechanic who can weld? Might only be a $20 job.
Agree completely. Sometimes I thing the platform should have been names WTF360. Still you could not pry mine from me. For all the misgivings it is still a great vehicle.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh don't get me wrong, even though I've only had it for a month I really like this truck and generally like GM vehicles in general :) But there are always those things, from any manufacturer, that make you go :duh:

I've been looking for a new hinge set but only have found the door side so far. Autozone, Advance Auto, Rock Auto, even ebay... Might have to hit up a junkyard for one, or maybe a dealer if they aren't too expensive...

I'm curious if those half-pins could be replaced by one good hinge pin. I might have to compare distance, length, diameters :undecided

1 - 10 of 10 Posts